• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How about some Fiji???

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

wales vs fiji

now any team that is considered a minow(and in this case canada and japan) will be a bogey team for fiji..they have a tendency to muck around against teams they should easily beat..only coming off with a victory by 5 or so points...so canada and japan will provide some sort of a challenge BUT the game that should give them a play off berth would be the one against wales

wales are tough..they can push the best of teams to the limit but they seem to find some struggle against the pacific teams namely fiji and samoa...

can fiji beat wales???

****..if samoa could then why cant fiji???..

add a little rupeni caucau (if he manages to play) and you could have the upset of the tournament..i will go as far as to say that if rupeni plays against australia,the fiji will push for a much closer game against the wallabes..hey you all saw what rupeni did to tuquri,latham,george smith,gregan etc in the super14..he is ver much capable of doing on the biggest rugby event in the world...

so i put it like this...fiji to take 2nd place to either australia or wales...and make the playoffs

(history lesson peoples!!!...in the past two world championships fiji almost made the semi's...in 99 they were robbed by an nz ref and lost the qualifying game to the french..thanks paddy o'brian!!!..the french eventually went on to beat nz and make the grand final..in 2003 they just lost to scotland...rupeni blizted their defence in an all out attack and scored 2 tries but was taken off later due to injury)

(history lesson peoples!!!...in the past two world championships fiji almost made the semi's...in 99 they were robbed by an nz ref and lost the qualifying game to the french..thanks paddy o'brian!!!..the french eventually went on to beat nz and make the grand final..in 2003 they just lost to scotland...rupeni blizted their defence in an all out attack and scored 2 tries but was taken off later due to injury)
[/b]
And of course it was a given conclusion that Fiji would've beaten Australia in the Quarter Final - both times?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
And of course it was a given conclusion that Fiji would've beaten Australia in the Quarter Final - both times?
[/b][/quote]
Well yes because of Caucau. :mellow:

lol funny guy ripper...the fact remains they were robbed of that game in 99..even paddy regrets it...in an interview he said if there was one game he could go back and rectify it would be that one between fiji and france..

and fiji are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better to watch then most international teams....comes down to how well they play this year,so we can see their phenomal talents on the world stage of the rugby finals rather than a scottish guy...or a welshman kicking goals

Just think about little Shane Williams attemptng to tackle Caucau at full tilt...

I bet they'll do well, especially if they're drinking their own, overpriced water!
Fiji_water_1.jpg

Just think about little Shane Williams attemptng to tackle Caucau at full tilt... [/b]

All he has to do is wave a pie in his face :bleh!:

Jokes aside, I think Jenkins will pick another winger, have Williams on the other wing. Jenks needs to pick someone who can tackle him like Alfie or Dafydd James.

<div class='quotemain'> Just think about little Shane Williams attemptng to tackle Caucau at full tilt... [/b]
Jokes aside, I think Jenkins will pick another winger, have Williams on the other wing. Jenks needs to pick someone who can tackle him like Alfie or Dafydd James.
[/b][/quote]

Or Mark Jones. Put in some huge tackles during the Autumn internationals and 6 Nations.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Just think about little Shane Williams attemptng to tackle Caucau at full tilt... [/b]
[/b][/quote]

Or Mark Jones. Put in some huge tackles during the Autumn internationals and 6 Nations.
[/b][/quote]
I agree, Mark Jones is one of the best defensive players we have. Great tackler.

Yeah, but i always worry that he will get injured, or miss the match due to injury

I have to say, as long as we don't get another performance like the one i witnessed in the 2005 autumn internationals (wales vs fiji) i will be a happy boy.
That game was quite possibly one of the worst internationals ive ever had the pleasure of watching...and live as well.
Dear me.

Right now Caucau is not the only one to look out for.

There's another guy they should worry about - Kameli Ratuvou (Saracens). He's got speed and the steps.. I think he's also the top try-scorer for Sarries this year.

Then there's Sireli Bobo who's having a roller coaster season with Biarritz, Seremai Bai with Clermont and Mosese Luveitasau with Cardiff Blues.

Our backs shoud be able to compete well against Tier 1 teams, it's our forwards that I'm worried about. Fiji is famous for having a whole lot of problems with our front-rowers. We always seem to be pushed back every scrum (much like the Wallabies :D ). If we can get that straightened out, look out Wales.

One good news is that Deacon Manu has confirmed he will play for Fiji this year starting with the Pacific Cup....but I'll believe that when I see him wearing the white jersey of Fiji.

he'll play..hes a keen player

honestly it sometimes doesnt matter what kind of defensive player you put in against the fijians..they can make the best of defenders look like stupid children..and thats truth..hopefully they can play consistly enuff to make the playoffs

It's a shame that when Scotland beat Fiji in the RWC 03 we had to do it with a last minute try from the legend that is Tom Smith, cause there was a blatant forward pass for one of Fiji's tries!

Agreed the area needed to be worked on is the forwards for Fiji, they have the size but they seem to front up with unfit and undisciplined forward pack.
Id love to see the fiji backline play behind a competitive forward pack, that would be an awesome sight and sadly id say they would give most teams a run for their money. Just dont bring back Big Bill Cavubati - he was well passed his best last time he played.

Is it Turner plays for Fiji sevens? The guy you think is Serevi, until Serevi comes on as a sub. Does he play in the full team?

Anyway, interesting group, with potential for some brilliant play. Wales may go in with the best pack of the lot - a good mix of grind and pace. Aus pack is hard to anticipate, but their backs have the potential to be the best - even if Latham is out. Last November they kicked Wales all over the place for half an hour, but didn't put on the points, and Wales changed the game - draw in the end.

all i know is that the fijian backline can be the best backline in the world on their day..and if their day draws on the same day they challenge australia and wales..then you will see upsets..

as brilliant and mobile as their forwards are its the basics they really suck at..the lineouts and scrums are pathetic and hopefully wayne pivac had left some sort of message with them about that after he left...all they need is that stability in the forwards and the basics to delievary and viola...you have the likes of caucau,rabeni,bobo and some other guys name who we cant pronounce...

Go fiji!!!..good luck

Even if they don't make the quarterfinals (they very well could). They will have alot of supporters salivating over theirs skills and style of running rugby. Will Nicky Little be playing in this tournament? Or has he retired?

not too sure...but i hope isa nacewa wants to return to them for this tournament..he would diffinitely help there winning chances