• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How about some Fiji???

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
Fiji's attack in broken play is a beaut - but without ugly muscle in the set-piece it's just earrings and lipstick. If you're not happy with the results, get the curvaceous Caucau to ring 999.

Even if they don't make the quarterfinals (they very well could). They will have alot of supporters salivating over theirs skills and style of running rugby. Will Nicky Little be playing in this tournament? Or has he retired?
[/b]

Nicky Little hasnt retired yet..in fact he has shown interest in attenting the trials in June. I for one hopes he doesnt make the RWC squad. He's old, slow and too predictable.

And what's the use of playing Nacewa if his heart is not for Fiji. We'd rather a playmaker, although not up to Nacewa's skill & ability but at least have the heart and pride in representing Fiji....and we got plenty of young ones coming up through the ranks. We also got the old head of Seremaia Bai who's played in that position before.

I wouldn't mind seeing William Ryder in the WC, he is outstanding in the seven's tournament, I would love to see him a full 15 man game. Has Ryder played in a full 15 man game yet?

Ryder?? :eek:

I'd rather have Nicky Little back... honestly.

Ryder cant even make a locan provincial team in Fiji in XVs because his body doesnt suit the game. I think he should stick to 7s.

Ryder?? :eek:

I'd rather have Nicky Little back... honestly.

Ryder cant even make a locan provincial team in Fiji in XVs because his body doesnt suit the game. I think he should stick to 7s.
[/b]

Yeah I think even Wayne Pivac said that he's a sevens player not a 15-man type.

Anyways check this out:

SEVENS: FIJI'S WILLIAM RYDER CONSIDERING MOVE TO JAPAN

April 18, 2007

irb.com

Suva, FIJI

Fijian Sevens sensation William Ryder has reportedly been offered a contract to play in Japan with the Toyota Club.

Fiji player/coach Waisale Serevi confirmed that talks with the Japanese club were continuing and that nothing had been confirmed.

"I know that there has been interest shown from a Japanese club. But he (Ryder) needs to get a release from us before joining the club," said Fiji Rugby Union sponsorship and marketing manager Jeremy Duxbury.

While little is known of Ryder's ability as a fifteens rugby player, it would not be a first; Sevens team mate Semisi Naevo has also played rugby in Japan, while New Zealand Sevens greats Amasio Raoma Valence and Orene Ai'i both left the Sevens game to pursue 15s careers there last year.

Ryder is part of a group of sevens players contracted to the Fiji Rugby Union and was instrumental in Fiji's second Cup victory of the season in Adelaide.[/b]

http://www.rugbycanada.ca/index.php?lang=e...mp;news_id=2947

Yeah, i don't really know anything about the guy, but he always makes a name for himself in the sevens.
Anyone who plays sevens can always get into the 15 man game - he'll just be a winger.

Yeah, i don't really know anything about the guy, but he always makes a name for himself in the sevens.
Anyone who plays sevens can always get into the 15 man game - he'll just be a winger.
[/b]
lol...

ryder being good in 15's is like saying shane williams is the best winger in the world. neither are true or I think ever will be. ryder on attack in 7's is unquestioned but his defence has often been found lacking at times. now imagine him in the 15's trying to marks the likes of sivivatu and rockocko etc he would be made to look really stupid. he simply doesn't have the skill to play 15's and he is also fairly small too so not sure how he would go tackling the bigger guys in the 15's

chiro your passion for fiji is admirable but saying they could beat australia is just crazy talk. the abs almost put 100 on them not long ago and aus will proabbly also put a huge score on them. they simply don't have the all round class to compete with the likes of the ab's or aus. against wales thought if they play well they can win. wales don't have as much class as the ab's or aus do across the park and fiji can do some damage if they get enough ball. they can finish second if they beat wales they will never beat aus in the next 5 years or so I don't think

he simply doesn't have the skill to play 15's and he is also fairly small too [/b]

Men do put on weight fast so it can happen to Ryder too.

In my perspective, Fiji will beat Wales. That's my guess. :D

Samoa would've loved to be in this pool. With their record against Wales at World Cups, they'd be a shoe in for the quarters!

Hell yeah! Samoa has a good record against the Welsh in World Cup history.

But how boring is that? Samoa is pooled with England and South Africa for the second time in 2 straight World Cup tournaments. How are the pools selected?

Samoa would've loved to be in this pool. With their record against Wales at World Cups, they'd be a shoe in for the quarters!
[/b]

Surely, you of all people (being a new zealander) can't accept that history is anything to go by.

If so, my friend, then if history is anything to go by...you'll choke again.
It doesn't work like that.
I don't see it working out like that either.

It doesn't work like that.
I don't see it working out like that either.[/b]

I'd totally agree with you mate. History certainly changes and I don't think we'll choke this time.

As a Samoan, born in NZ, I'm sure confidence would be high if Samoa played Wales :p

And according to history, the All Blacks already have one ***le. If history is anything to go by, we'll win another :p If not this year, then in 2011!

talofa to both of you ula'vales

dont worry about manu...they will do well in their pool...they play above their skill level at world cups and i can see them having a strong game against the giants in their comp...

Malo Hulk...oi sole.

Yes this is probably the best form - in the Pacific Cup - the Manu Samoa having been playing since ages ago. Without that comp, I don't know where they would've ended up hehe nowhere else but down there. They will perform again at the World Cup to the fullest of their potential I believe but better than ever. :D