• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How do you solve a problem like Northampton?

ok back to this spencer issue, sounds like his good old days down here :) he is a show pony. as for missing a kick from right in front, he did that for the all blacks so i am not surprised.

at least he isnt coming back here :)
[/b]
Still bitter about the numerous times he carved the Crusaders up?

How the worms turn. Look on COYSDC or the offy and their all whistling my tune now, nay I say this and all anyone can do is crit there sittisising.
[/b]

O Teh Mite how up your own **** you are!! Crikey that's quite arrogant. I will inform you now that on the offy and COYSDC that we are not whistling your tune. Weren't your tunes forceably whistled off the offy????......
Anyway...I have some thoughts on the issue. Having watched the Saints backline a bit more carefully throughout recent games I think there is a deep rooted coaching problem. Carlos isn't necessarily the issue at the moment although he is still missing some kicks that bugs the hell out of me! When the ball gets to the backs they are very very flat. They don't take the ball at speed and thus have to pass it quickly to the next guy not being able to make any meters with the ball themselves. The result? It gets to the wings where the guy gets tackled. The ball then goes through the same procedure again across the field without actually gaining much yards. What we need I think is a staggered line where the players can take the ball at pace and actually make yards. (Kydd and Diggin have done this in recent weeks abeit sporadically). This means they gather momentum and actually stand a chance of sidestepping or handing off the defender. When they take the ball standing still it's a case of ahhh big person coming running get rid of it! The Saints can do it, shown by Ben's try against Bristol it just needs to be done more often. I've seen players do it and penetrate the line so it has to be a coaching issue.

Weren't your tunes forceably whistled off the offy????......[/b]

No, they weren't. I left by choice because of the smart arse comments like that one when people don't know whjat they're on about.

Plus, who'd want to be on a pile of crap like that when I was offered the job on TRF?

If I may gentlemen, but what is this "offy and COYSDC" that you speak about?

Is it some kind of one armed, dyslexic support association of Northampton or something?

The Northampton official site forum which I once upon a time (before it turned crap) was a moderator on. Widely seen as the home of idiots and part time fans. Mostly slanderous comments will be found on there.

COYSDC is comeonyousaints.com, the supporters club website. It's an old boys network which is impossible to navigate or find the information you want due to the in jokes and alternate English that's used there. The articles on there are normally pretty good though.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Anyway...I have some thoughts on the issue. Having watched the Saints backline a bit more carefully throughout recent games I think there is a deep rooted coaching problem. Carlos isn't necessarily the issue at the moment although he is still missing some kicks that bugs the hell out of me! When the ball gets to the backs they are very very flat. They don't take the ball at speed and thus have to pass it quickly to the next guy not being able to make any meters with the ball themselves. The result? It gets to the wings where the guy gets tackled. The ball then goes through the same procedure again across the field without actually gaining much yards. What we need I think is a staggered line where the players can take the ball at pace and actually make yards. (Kydd and Diggin have done this in recent weeks abeit sporadically). This means they gather momentum and actually stand a chance of sidestepping or handing off the defender. When they take the ball standing still it's a case of ahhh big person coming running get rid of it! The Saints can do it, shown by Ben's try against Bristol it just needs to be done more often. I've seen players do it and penetrate the line so it has to be a coaching issue.
[/b][/quote]

Anyway enough of slagging off the websites.....Back to point!

Latest posts