• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

how does passing out of the tackle work?

F

funksoulbrother

is it like in jlr where you hold the pass button and once you have been tackled you release the button - worked well?

if u hold it, it wud turn into a cut out pass..........i dont know i think lox wud answer that for you.

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Jan 30 2005, 11:19 PM

is it like in jlr where you hold the pass button and once you have been tackled you release the button - worked well?
There's no offloads as such! If you're wrapped up in the tackle, you can't get the ball out, however, if you're grabbed round the legs you can tap pass and the ball will get offloaded as you're going down! It's very realistic! Much better than the "Ofloading from the stomach" animations etc from Rugby 04!

Originally posted by locksley+Jan 31 2005, 09:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Jan 31 2005, 09:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-funksoulbrother
@Jan 30 2005, 11:19 PM

There's no offloads as such! If you're wrapped up in the tackle, you can't get the ball out, however, if you're grabbed round the legs you can tap pass and the ball will get offloaded as you're going down! It's very realistic! Much better than the "Ofloading from the stomach" animations etc from Rugby 04! [/b]
LOL yeah that was one of the major suckinesses
<
in 2004

It sounds really realistic to me as even in JLR you could always offload as long as you timed it right but that is not always the case in rugby as we all now. If you are rapped up in a tackle you would not be able to offload.

Very encouraged by the sound of the offloads. Too easy and too unrealistic if you can always offload. It just ain't like that on the pitch now is it? Timing should be key and the size of the tackle should also make a big difference. The more I hear, the more I like the sound of this.

Latest posts