TheOvalBall

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
France
From start to finish ?

Of the 48 scheduled games, of which 2 were cancelled, i watched 46.

England SF and England Final cause thats how I roll.
poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Missed 2 italy games vs tier 2 and the 2 cancelled so 44.
Pretty sure I did the exact same,

There were one or two I didn't see the whole thing of due to meetings or commuting or whatever, but I'm pretty sure there was only two that I missed the whole thing of

I didn't get to watch many matches compared to some of you. My schedule and the time difference here did me in, I watched 9 or 10 and parts of another half dozen or so. I did get to see the final match, and that was cool. And I picked South Africa to win, but that wasn't a stretch by any means. They were expected to be in the running for the ***le.

I watched most of the weekend games (only missed a couple) and all of the knockout games. Missed most of the midweek games due to work

I watched most of the weekend games (only missed a couple) and all of the knockout games. Missed most of the midweek games due to work
I watched them at work. Was put doing what is usually the boring job possible where there is no work and you basicly just sit there and wait for people to come to you if they need something...so i sat there and watched back to back games on my laptop and got paid for it :D:p

Not enough. Like I said, this world cup wasn't great for me. Not bothered to count through them all but I'd say at most 20.

wow...feeling like i let you all down a little, probably half of them, all the playoffs, all the AB games, all the first round and then a smattering of the rest

All of them, every second

Bokke vs Japan - 3 times
Bokke vs Wales - once as it was a kak game
Bokke vs England - sorry still counting

All of them, every second

Bokke vs Japan - 3 times
Bokke vs Wales - once as it was a kak game
Bokke vs England - sorry still counting

NZ vs SA - 3 times
SA vs Namibia - 3 times
SA vs Italy - 3 times
SA vs Canada - 2 times
SA vs Japan - 3 times
SA vs Wales - 2 times
SA vs England - 9 times and counting

England vs NZ - 2 times
NZ vs Ireland - 2 times
Japan vs Ireland - 3 times
Japan vs Scotland - 2 times
Fiji vs Wales - 2 times

All the other games I watched only once.

due to work and kick off times 10 in full a couple of 1st halfs and listened to 3 on the radio non were Scotland games

From start to finish ?

Of the 48 scheduled games, of which 2 were cancelled, i watched 46.
I'm sure 3 were cancelled. New Zealand vs Italy, England vs France and Namibia vs Canada. I was really looking forward to that Namibia vs Canada one too!

I watched 42 near-full games, mostly streaming on demand a few days after the fact, in catch-up mode. Highlights only for IIRC South Africa vs Namibia, South Africa vs Canada and Wales vs Uruguay

Next time, I'll watch fewer games and instead focus more on avoiding spoilers for the games I do want to watch. You can't delay watching games for very long, because spoilers are bloody everywhere. I got especially annoyed when the spoilers came from Spark Sport themselves - the commentators in a later game gave away a spoiler about the Fiji vs Uruguay result (which I hadn't watched yet). And then again when the Spark Sport website gave away spoilers on who was playing in the semis, when I was still watching the quarters and didn't want to know who qualified yet (I was just looking up what time the games would be on).

I watched Japan vs Ireland live and arm-twisted a few people to join me. I'm glad I did!

Last edited:

Latest posts