• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

how much do pro rugby players earn?

Gits 1.5 aus (600k uk) and tuqiri 1.2 most get around 400-500 aus I'm guessing the Wallabies, lesser super 14 might get 100-200.

Have you seen much the Japanese get and how much they offered overseas like Larkham and Mortlock.. where do they get the money from?
[/b]

Is that per season or over the course of his contract?

Have you seen much the Japanese get and how much they offered overseas like Larkham and Mortlock.. where do they get the money from? [/b]

Easy, they're all corporate teams.

The big teams in Japan are owned by Sanyo, Suntory Breweries and Distillers, Toyota, Coca Cola, IBM, Ricoh, etc so essentially, Larkham and Mortlock would be employees of whatever company signs them up.

The Japanese TOP LEAGUE is awash with cash because of how its run.

Obviously the pound plays a big part in NZ players choice to move over to the UK. I just love the old "lifestyle" excuse and put the family beofre everything while shagging everything that moves. Off topic I know. !. England pays best
2. France next
3. Ireland/Wales
4. Japan
5. Australia
6. NZ
7. SA
140. Samoa, Fiji and Tonga

Hence lots of islanders in England and lots of NZers and SA as well all for "lifestyle" purposes

Its not as big a money as people would think. However marque players like Larkham, Kefu, Tony Brown would certainly be on a very good wicket. Well worth the travials of living in an another country. Plus the Japanese are very good people.

Latest posts