• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HOW TO BEAT ENGLAND ON HARD

B

Black|Raven

let me just say i DID NOT WIN A RUCK for almost the entire game, even if i did a forward hit up!
<

BUT, this is how i smashed them:-

1.lineouts- when they throw to the front let them maul it up till they stop, now, dont change player!!! you will automatically change to the flanker, just hold the sprint button and smash wilkinson. this works well when in their half. he knocks on and you get the scrum.

2.scrums-always choose CLASSIC and choose X, trust me! you wanna make metres,THATS HOW, now with the fullback into space, either KICK or if you're to close to the tryline draw and pass (angle in before you pass, it gives the supporter more room)

3.defense-DON'T PANIC! you'll be defending for 90% of the game. rush defense is the only way to drive them back, but watch out for offsides and the scrum half scooting when there's no fly half. use the kick defense alot, especially in their half

4.offense-coz i had fiji, caucau, vunibaka, sivivatu, tanivula etc...its all about speed. on hard dont be scared to use and abuse that 12-13 gap. sometimes it gets shut and other times the defenders are forwards.
passing and field positioning are the most important elements to winning against england on hard, so time those crucial last passes and make that crucial kick!!

5.try scoring-usually goes like this.....kick, find touch, they throw to the front, smash wilkinson, knock-on, scrum, CLASSIC, X draw & pass TRY! TRY! TRY!

on the 78th minute I WON A RUCK!!! WENT BLIND, OVERLAP AND SCORED

final score FIJI 29 to ENGLAND 6(off penalties)

i beat them to get to the final against the AB and won 14-7

btw i lost to australia in the first pool match
<

BUT HEY! FIJI'S GOT THE CUP
<
, try it and come back to me

Thanks for the tips bro, did you see the 7's? They carved those kiwi's up in the final, it was ridiculous. Serevi's the man!!

thank you very much for your advices !!

about the CLASSIC mode : what is the X button (i know, it's on playstation), because i play it on pc. which player is selected ?

Originally posted by beUf@Mar 24 2005, 04:04 AM
thank you very much for your advices !!

about the CLASSIC mode : what is the X button (i know, it's on playstation), because i play it on pc. which player is selected ?
I think he's talking about "x" on the PS2 which is "a" on xbox, and if remember rightly on classic this represents the third option man in the back line? Not too sure though. Anyway its the guy hitting it up at pace, and he has a higher chance of breaking the line.

forgot to mention this earlier but during the WC games nikki little got injured in the second game, and i was kicking with S.Bai who is the crappiest kicker
<

anyhoo my point is that you dont have to be a good kicker to slot conversions in!
all you have to do is compensate for his crappyness, just point the arrow to the far left of the screen. not all the way just until the middle of the arrow is in line with the left upright. hit 'x' and get full power then 'x' again and just let it go all the way back. this will take trial and error but it works! i was slotting kicks from the sideline...

btw Y DOES IT NOT SAY HOW LONG THE INJURED PLAYER IS OUT FOR????
i was using bai and missing all the kicks then i tried my method out...this allowed me to put sprinters on without having to worry bout goal kicking (general kicking wasn't a worry coz fiji had plenty)

Originally posted by Black|Raven@Mar 24 2005, 06:40 PM
btw Y DOES IT NOT SAY HOW LONG THE INJURED PLAYER IS OUT FOR????
I know! They even told us in r2k4.

Fiji is probably the cheeseist team to play with on this game (got it yesterday - (long story, but thank god I didnt have to wait till my Birthday)

In most Sports video games they place too emphasis on speed.

Originally posted by bluesfan@Mar 24 2005, 11:57 AM
I think he's talking about "x" on the PS2 which is "a" on xbox, and if remember rightly on classic this represents the third option man in the back line? Not too sure though. Anyway its the guy hitting it up at pace, and he has a higher chance of breaking the line.
thank you
<

I agree Ripper, in the likes of Madden there's no real need to be signing power backs like Portis and Holmes. It's all about speed, even for Quarterbacks.

In Rugby2005 it's kinda the same. I tried to avoid this eventuality be signing only forwards in my world league and avoided signing Howlett, Robinson, BOD etc.

I propose the motion that signing such players be classed as "cheese" and commiting such an act should be known as "cheddar-like"

Originally posted by cavan@Mar 24 2005, 04:20 PM
In Rugby2005 it's kinda the same. I tried to avoid this eventuality be signing only forwards in my world league and avoided signing Howlett, Robinson, BOD etc.

I propose the motion that signing such players be classed as "cheese" and commiting such an act should be known as "cheddar-like"
Lol, if signing any of those players is "cheese", then I must be a whole Edam.....I've got all 3 of them
<

Originally posted by cavan@Mar 25 2005, 03:20 AM
I agree Ripper, in the likes of Madden there's no real need to be signing power backs like Portis and Holmes. It's all about speed, even for Quarterbacks.

if you play madden on the hardest level you will see that you are wrong. things like acceleration and agility for a quarterback are more important than speed. a runningback needs accelleration, speed and agility, along with break tackle to be very good. you can get by with just a fast guy, but you wont get consistant yardage.

Depends, Look at Madden 2004 when they made Michael Vick with Godlike stats, even on All Madden you could still average 10 yards+ if you scrambled on virtually every single play.

only noobs who dont like american football scramble alot!

a pocket passing quarterback is the way to go

Thats the problem, I, like you prefer the pocket passes (but I dont mind one who has some pace so he can scramble when theres nothing on - aka Daunte Cullepepper or D-Mac) but online its a pain. You get all these Noobs who use the Falcons and scramble every play.

yeah - i am an eagles fan - have been since i started following nfl.

i scramble once or twice a game with dmac - thats all - i dont get into trouble because i got TO and west to pass to.

i hate playing guys who dont even support the falcons but use them and scramble every play! bunch of video game nerds!

anyway.... rugby 2005 eh.....

lol thats why u get a defense line that will absolutely eat up opposition quarterbacks
<