• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hurricanes v Crusaders

S

Silver Arrow

I am looking forward to this game. Match of the round. Rangi is back for the Cantabs and Nonu is back for the Horrorcanes.

Hurricanes: 15. Cory Jane, 14. Ma'a Nonu, 13. Conrad Smith, 12. Tamati Ellison, 11. Shannon Paku, 10. Jimmy Gopperth, 9. Piri Weepu, 8. Rodney So'oialo (captain), 7. Chris Masoe, 6. Jerry Collins, 5. Jason Eaton, 4. Craig Clarke, 3.Neemia Tialata, 2. Andrew Hore, 1. John Schwalger.

Reserves: 16. Hikawera Elliot, 17. Tim Fairbrother, 18. Jeremy Thrush, 19. Scott Waldrom, 20. Alby Mathewson, 21. Tane Tu'ipulotu, 22. Hosea Gear.

Crusaders: Leon MacDonald, Scott Hamilton, Casey Laulala, Tim Bateman, Kade Poki, Daniel Carter, Andrew Ellis, Mose Tuiali'i, Richard McCaw (capt), Kieran Read, Ali Williams, Brad Thorn, Greg Somerville, Corey Flynn, Ben Franks.

Reserves: Ti'i Paulo, Wyatt Crockett, Michael Paterson, Nasi Manu, Kahn Fotuali'i, Caleb Ralph, Sean Maitland

yep i agree for the match of the round.

i was going to go to it but all my mates cancelled, and i dont really want to get drunk at the game by myself. thats just wrong.

go the cantabs!!!

If there is one team that can beat the Crusaders, is the 'Canes. I hope they can pull of an upset! Mean match!

7 point gap with a minute to go, im just happy that im spot on with my prediction ;)

I cant see the Crusaders being stopped this season

Well they stay unbeaten but really did struggle in the 2nd half but didn't help that Mose got sent off.

Just some quick questions to pose.

Do you think Collins will be cited for that high tackle?
How bad do you think Carter's injury is?

I've just finished to watch the game.

*Rant*

Man, no wonder the Crusaders are unbeaten, they just make a mess of every single ruck. From the side, hands, enverything. :%#%#: . That was a disgrace really. Do you think if it was 3 points instead of a free-kick they would have such a bad discipline ? I don't think so. :ranting:

Refs have to dish out cards way more often imo, or cynical teams will have a field day.

*Rant over*

I've just finished to watch the game.

*Rant*

Man, no wonder the Crusaders are unbeaten, they just make a mess of every single ruck. From the side, hands, enverything. :%#%#: . That was a disgrace really. Do you think if it was 3 points instead of a free-kick they would have such a bad discipline ? I don't think so. :ranting:

Refs have to dish out cards way more often imo, or cynical teams will have a field day.

*Rant over*
[/b]

Nope, they've been doing that for years. They've had some of the biggest cheaters in the game for years and they get away with it because they're skilled at it.

And Carter's injury is a high ankle sprain, he's out upwards of 6 weeks.

<div class='quotemain'> I've just finished to watch the game.

*Rant*

*Rant over*
[/b]

Nope, they've been doing that for years. They've had some of the biggest cheaters in the game for years and they get away with it because they're skilled at it.

And Carter's injury is a high ankle sprain, he's out upwards of 6 weeks. [/b][/quote]

It's despicable. It's not about being good at it or something. Referees are just way too lenient. Now with the ELV's, you got a team working hard to get into the 22 and then their ball get slowed down time after time and they don't even get 3 points. I tell you if it was in France McCaw wouldn't last til the end of the season.

I say bring back rucking.

[/b]

I agree it keeps the game honest. They should add a automatic 5 minute (Green?) card to players who get caught with hands in the ruck.

I agree it keeps the game honest. They should add a automatic 5 minute (Green?) card to players who get caught with hands in the ruck.
[/b]
We don't want the game to end up with a ref carrying around a paint flick book for all the different coloured cards...

Plus if they had a system like that for hands in the ruck we would end up with 5 v 5 for much of the game...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
We don't want the game to end up with a ref carrying around a paint flick book for all the different coloured cards...

Plus if they had a system like that for hands in the ruck we would end up with 5 v 5 for much of the game... [/b][/quote]

lol at first it will probbably be like that but I think players would adjust eventually.

Aaah just like the ELV's? lol It'll be hard to completely rid of the "hands in ruck." All great teams do it... or great players? or coaching or something

Unbeaten so far lets make it through the whole season like in 2002
GO CRUSADERS

ELVs are a stupid idea....I mean......they turn infringements at the ruck into free kicks? Gee that really incourages players to have a real go at getting the ball at rucks because it is not a penalty if they get pinged.

ELVs are a stupid idea....I mean......they turn infringements at the ruck into free kicks? Gee that really incourages players to have a real go at getting the ball at rucks because it is not a penalty if they get pinged.

[/b]

Happy to see someone seeing the thruth behind the "faster ! More exciting ! " bullshit smokescreen. Imho, rewarding cynical play is not really a good move at all but aye, Pk are boring it seems. :wall:

Latest posts