• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hurricanes Vs Reds

C

C A Iversen

I'm picking the Reds to be more confident after last week, but that'll all blow up in their faces, as the Hurricanes have a lot to make up for from last week.

Yes i just hope the 'Canes pick up their act. Put some structure into their play. Keep the ball in hand! I want the 'Canes to win, but it might be a tight tussle

This game will show if the Reds really do have a decent season under their belts.

Halftime in Wellington as Barnes misses a drop goal.

It's 13-10 to the Reds.

Reds 13 (Van Humphries try; Clinton Schifcofske 2 penalties, conversion).

Hurricanes 10 (Tane Tuipulotu try; Jimmy Gopperth conversion, penalty).

Rubbish the reds are nothing the canes will smoke them [/b]

I picked the Canes to win, but I doubted the canes would 'smoke them', I guess I was right?

Yay the 'canes won! they looking dangerous at times, as mimic said, just shooting blanks at times, mis firing at other times but sometimes they get their peow peow on the money! lol

The Hurricanes made to many mistakes, They had no support when the odd person made a break very luck to win.

Boy, Ma'a Nonu is a beast when he has his act together. He shat on everyone last night with ease.

But why the f*** is he on the wing? He's far too slow, he should be at 12!

Boy, Ma'a Nonu is a beast when he has his act together. He shat on everyone last night with ease.

But why the f*** is he on the wing? He's far too slow, he should be at 12! [/b]

aah the great debate - where to play nonu.

he really is a centre. hes too slow for the wing - and is a waste of talent to be used to finnish a play. hes too much of a ball carrier to play 12, where he runs too much and doesnt distribute enough. but with smith playing centre and no real alternative to a 12, thats just the way its gotta be i guess...

...untill smith gets injured again, (fingers crossed)

<div class='quotemain'> Boy, Ma'a Nonu is a beast when he has his act together. He shat on everyone last night with ease.

But why the f*** is he on the wing? He's far too slow, he should be at 12! [/b]

aah the great debate - where to play nonu.

he really is a centre. hes too slow for the wing - and is a waste of talent to be used to finnish a play. hes too much of a ball carrier to play 12, where he runs too much and doesnt distribute enough. but with smith playing centre and no real alternative to a 12, thats just the way its gotta be i guess...

...untill smith gets injured again, (fingers crossed)
[/b][/quote]

That's the problem, even if you try to beat the idea into his head to actually pass the ball when he plays 12, he still wouldn't listen.

If he did, it would benefit every team he's on. The way he'd draw in an entire midfield whilst breaking tackles, then feeding the guys outside he'd be a revelation. If only he knew that...

What about Smith at 12 and Nonu at 13?
[/b]

I suppose that could work and I'm surprised it hasn't been tested often. I suppose Smith is one of those guys that plays only in that one position. I think Smith would be better at 12 anyway 'cos he's amazingly slower than most 13's and is a good passer.

I reckon keep Ma'a out on the wing because when he plays in the centre's his crap defence shows, at least on the wing he doesn't need to watch both sides.

Alright game just wished the canes would hurry up and click hate seeing so many mistakes n handovers.

Latest posts