• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I got it in the USA!!! At Best Buy.

U

USArugger

This game is great (PS2)! I play with USA, so after thoroughly getting my ass handed to me by Australia on normal setting I switched to easy and won a tough game against the Aussies. I will have to play on easy until I figure it out. A few observations:

1) Rucks are much better. It took me awhile to figure out, but they are much better, #9 can wait with the ball until the backs are set, or if you have an overload, you can get it out quickly.

2) The AI loves to go for the drop-kick and gets it most of the time.

3) Your wings don't suddenly lose speed and get caught from behind by a prop.

4) The right stick is sweet!!!

5) I actually saw a maul from live play!!!

6) Line-outs about the same.

7) I haven't figured out the scrum yet, but you can angle the put-in and it seems to be effective.

On another note, I recently moved and joined a new side. We has a tournament on Saturday/Sunday and I played #10 for the first time. Talk about a great time. The opposition's #10 was much faster than me so it was a fun game. We lost but I had a great time. I have a question about playcalling. In one game, the #7 and #10 were on top of me as soon as I got the ball. Any hints for what I should do to slow them down a bit? I am new to flyhalf and although I had a great time, I am not very savvy at that position yet. I tried a couple kicks which worked momentarily, but it was difficult to learn a new position with two guys on me immediately. My coach was a #3 so although he is a great guy, he wasn't very helpful

This game rocks!!!!

No. 10 is the vulnerable position, I have played it before. You have to be able to set your feet before recieving the ball, make up your mind about what ur gonna do, kick, run or pass - use your vision i'm sure the yanks have a brilliant pair of eyes. A lot of these skills have helped in my transition to flanker.

Originally posted by USArugger@Mar 10 2005, 06:09 PM
This game is great (PS2)!  I play with USA, so after thoroughly getting my ass handed to me by Australia on normal setting I switched to easy and won a tough game against the Aussies.  I will have to play on easy until I figure it out.  A few observations:

1)  Rucks are much better.  It took me awhile to figure out, but they are much better,  #9 can wait with the ball until the backs are set, or if you have an overload, you can get it out quickly.

2)  The AI loves to go for the drop-kick and gets it most of the time.

3)  Your wings don't suddenly lose speed and get caught from behind by a prop.

4)  The right stick is sweet!!!

5)  I actually saw a maul from live play!!!

6)  Line-outs about the same.

7) I haven't figured out the scrum yet, but you can angle the put-in and it seems to be effective.

On another note, I recently moved and joined a new side.  We has a tournament on Saturday/Sunday and I played #10 for the first time.  Talk about a great time.  The opposition's #10 was much faster than me so it was a fun game.  We lost but I had a great time.  I have a question about playcalling.  In one game, the #7 and #10 were on top of me as soon as I got the ball.  Any hints for what I should do to slow them down a bit?  I am new to flyhalf and although I had a great time, I am not very savvy at that position yet.  I tried a couple kicks which worked momentarily, but it was difficult to learn a new position with two guys on me immediately.  My coach was a #3 so although he is a great guy, he wasn't very helpful

This game rocks!!!!
Bro!

I am right there with ya!

I also live in Cali ( EDIT - wait! you didn't even say what state LOL!!), and am so impressed with this game compared to last years.

i have played number 1o and a good tip is to catch the ball, take only 1 or two steps before off loading the ball this way you wont get caught, also stand deeper so you have more time

Interesting. I made up my mind a couple of times to just run and not pass and it was reasonably successful. I just ran straight at the #10 and side-stepped at the last moment. I felt like i was deciding before the play because I didn't really know how to play the position. Do other guys decide before the paky, or do you need to get to the point where you can do it on the fly.

I was prety dissapointed with my performance except two things.

1) I never dropped the ball ( and our #9 was throwing some wild ones)

2) I never made a bad pass (that meant sucking up some huge hits on occasion)

I never really realized what a target the #10 is. Guys were hitting me for absolutely no reason even when I didn't have the ball. One of my #7 buddies told me he hits the #10 every chance he gets just to remind the guy that he is there.

yeh well i play in new zealand and number 10s are considerably smaller then most other players so you cant really run it coz u get smashed by the tongans
if you have a high speed internet connection you shoul watch a couple of vids at

http://www.allblacks.co.nz/index.cfm?layout=mediaArchive

look around for vids saying things like 1st five eighth or fly half for that is the real name of the pos. number 10

have a look bro

Boltman, I live in Tennessee. I was playing in Missouri before I moved. i have never even been to Cali but someday I will.

My dads done an audit in Cali. We're in Oz. The following is a quote from a sign dad saw in a restaurant.
'This building may contain chemicals known to the state of california to cause severe illness or birth defects' so be careful anything u have got produced in Cali - maybe even '05 game packaging - may contain traces of fatal chemicals or worse.

I played starting #10 for my college team and I learned quickly that you have to be darn quick with the ball. Typically we would have a standing play that would be run on the first ruck/maul of our posession no matter what. On defence if there was a turnover, it's play 1. On offence, after lineout it's play 1. After that it's up in the air. See where you players are and call plays accordingly. We ran a bunch of 1-2 switches and 1-2 crash to keep it near our pack. If I wasn't planning on running or playing a dummy I would take 2 maybe 3 steps max before passing the ball. Think about passing before you even get the ball, you need to be quick. You can tell when you are not fast enough becoause you have 3 guys laying on your chest
<
Another idea is to call an ofensive play while you are on defense. You know those times where you are playing defense and their pack and your pack are just hammering the ball at each other. I would call a play for offensive, anticipating the turnover. This way regardless what happened our backs knew what I was going to do as soon as we got the ball.

Latest posts