I hate the Daily Star newspaper

Discussion in 'Rugby World Cup 2007' started by gjohn85, Oct 5, 2007.

1. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

I was outraged when they're front page headline of today's paper was 'Dannii Given the Axe Factor'. Basically the Newspaper are having a go at Rugby because the Rugby World Cup Semi Final is being showed instead of the beloved 'X Factor'. (X Factor is a singing reality TV show, where normal people audition to become a Pop star). They say that the X Factor could have 10 million people tuning in that night, whereas the Rugby World Cup Semi Final could fail to have that many people tune in, even if England make the Semi's.

Full Story below;

Let's fair here, The Rugby World Cup only comes around once every 4 years, the X Factor is on every bloody year. It's only the fact that Rugby isn't that popular the paper has picked up a fuss about it. If the Football World Cup was on (& on ITV) then nothing would be said.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. BokMagic

BokMagic Guest

Release CHABAL :rahh: to deal with the idiots who wrote and published that little piece of journalistic shite. Now!

4. Get In Lads!

Get In Lads! Guest

BokMagic, if you ever saw the Daily Star 'newspaper' mate, you would see that there is nothing 'journalistic' about it! It truly is a rag.

Good on ITV for standing their ground and showing the rugby.

5. Brodizzle

Brodizzle Guest

I bloody hate all those bloody reality singing shows, it basically proves that education levels are falling pretty rapidly....absolutely disgraceful...

6. melon

melon Guest

Luckily we only have one reality singing show left, and thats Australian Idol.

X-Factor and Pop Stars was just so f***ing tacky and boring.

7. BokMagic

BokMagic Guest

Well, if you really want a reality TV show, then try this one for size: the fecking RWC SEMI-FINALS!!!!!!!!!!

What better "reality TV" can you get? Real action, real hits, real drama, real tries. Real blood too, if you`re lucky. Plus a chance to see the greatest game on earth, for the "reality TV" fans, maybe even a chance to learn all about it. So what`s the fecking problem then?

8. andy82

andy82 Guest

When papers kick up a fuss like that, you know that they are low on material.

9. Good on ITV for showing a sport and not doing like they do over here in North America and simply going for what grabs the best ratings. I hate turning on The Sports Network to watch hockey only to find Poker and Darts are scheduled all night for all the fat lazy f***s who can't appreciate or play sports.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!