• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I need a TV series to get my teeth into

Ok, House seems to get rave reviews. I've seen individual episodes but I've never really concentrated enough so I'll have a look at it from series 1.

Lots of people I know say Entourage so thats on the list.

Green wing I'm nutty about, got all the dvds... f***ing sick.

The Unit
Friday Night Lights
House
Entourage
Firefly
LOST

All absolutely brilliant shows. Especially The Unit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 12 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Never actually heard about Green Wing.

If it Wife Friendly?[/b]

If there are ***s then its once or twice; its foul mouthed and dirty but aside from this...

i've got hooked on californication lately. great show. lots of ***s.

big_spliff.jpg
=

sleep.jpg

Trublood well worth a look.

Scrubs rocks, just got season eight.

Supernatural

Battlestar Galactica (new series, the ending sucks all sorts of arse)

Surprisingly got into Charmed of all things, some real surprise cameo performances in this one.

Primevil, season two sucked but season three got it back on track before it got canned.

Hex, Ultraviolet, Mataku .... all worth a look.

I'd also recommend Rome, both series are brilliant.

And if it's not already been mentioned then Generation Kill. It's only seven episodes long and that's a real shame as it's a brilliant series.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Will @ Dec 12 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd also recommend Rome, both series are brilliant.

And if it's not already been mentioned then Generation Kill. It's only seven episodes long and that's a real shame as it's a brilliant series.[/b]

Yeah, Generation Kill was awesome. Couldn't really go on for longer as it was based on the Reporter's book. Ziggy from the Wire season 2 is the best character.

Just watched all 3 seasons of Californication. Very good, its started to get a little tired of late so I think the 4th series should be its last. Can't really see where else they can go with the idea. Still, you get a lot of ***s, a lot of hot actresses, you wish you were Hank and... and... and... that f***ing minx Mia. I love her.

Also watched the season finale of Dexter today. I'll say no more, don't want to ruin it, but the writers still have some very good ideas and it can twist and turn. It'll be interesting to see where they go with the next series.

As you can see I've been doing a lot of revision for my uni exams...

Deadwood. Literally one of the, if not THE best TV series ever.

Over the entire 3 series, theres a cumulative total of 1.56 "f***"'s uttered per minute.

You've already seen the Wire, so that's TV ruined for you as nothing will ever match it (and I've spent 18 months trying to find something... anything to top it).

Arrested Development should rocket to the top of your list though. Mad Men and Breaking Bad are also both quality.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Also watched the season finale of Dexter today. I'll say no more, don't want to ruin it, but the writers still have some very good ideas and it can twist and turn. It'll be interesting to see where they go with the next series.[/b]

Have you seen the interview between the guys who played Dexter and Arthur/Trinity at the end of it? Dexter said the writers might have him go on a bat-**** crazy killing spree because the thing that was keeping him in check has now been removed from play.

I think everyone should consider watching Disney's Gummibears. Either that or the CareBears. If anyone knows how to get hold of those online, please let me know.

True Blood
Lost
Spooks
Firefly
Outnumbered
Frasier
Count Duckula
Bagpuss
The Clangers
Noggin the Nog

Latest posts