• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Importance of Position

B

BigTen

I have found that I can move players around from their usual position without suffering any penalty. In other words I will move a winger into a centre or first-five/fly-half position and not notice any decrease in the player's skill even if this new position is not listed as a secondary position.

Having played football management games whenever you do this there will always be a lowering of the player's effectiveness.

In real-life football players are able to move positions without too many problems but in rugby it will take a while for a player to get used to it as the skill-set is completely different.

This means that I can just stack my inside backs with really fast players that have reasonable passing and tackling statistics and I can break any defence easily.

It is pretty slack really and it wouldn't even be that hard to include. Opps that's right EA designed this game and they suck.

Originally posted by BigTen@May 3 2005, 12:13 AM
I have found that I can move players around from their usual position without suffering any penalty. In other words I will move a winger into a centre or first-five/fly-half position and not notice any decrease in the player's skill even if this new position is not listed as a secondary position.

Having played football management games whenever you do this there will always be a lowering of the player's effectiveness.

In real-life football players are able to move positions without too many problems but in rugby it will take a while for a player to get used to it as the skill-set is completely different.

This means that I can just stack my inside backs with really fast players that have reasonable passing and tackling statistics and I can break any defence easily.

It is pretty slack really and it wouldn't even be that hard to include. Opps that's right EA designed this game and they suck.
You sound surprised???

This is HB studios/EA sports you realise..............

Why not have an extra page added on to the stats/special abilities section with bars showing how effective that player is in each position. Eg.
09: ---
10: -----
11: ---------------------
12: ------
13: ------
14: -------------------
15: --------

And the lower the rating, the less effective (eg. Strays out of position etc) they are.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@May 3 2005, 05:11 PM
Why not have an extra page added on to the stats/special abilities section with bars showing how effective that player is in each position. Eg.
09: ---
10: -----
11: ---------------------
12: ------
13: ------
14: -------------------
15: --------

And the lower the rating, the less effective (eg. Strays out of position etc) they are.
or like, first or second reciver in other words...

yeah but i agree. some people would just get smashed in certain postions, yet stats tell a diffrent story, i put ben atinga in fly half, and hes a centre/wing/full back, hes not even a 2nd 5/8

I also find that home and away advantage is not noticeable although to be fair this hasn't been implemented in many sport's games that I have played.

As for EA making the best Football (soccer) game I prefer PES - it isn't as glossy but I think that it plays a little more realistic.

Latest posts