• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Improve your kicking in Rugby 2005

G

gjohn85

I have the pc version of the game & I recently downloaded 'Tom Hicks' FANTASTIC player editor.

I, like everyone has been very disappointed by how poor the distance of the kicks in open play. But there is a way of improving kicks.

All u gotta do is change every fly halfs kicking attributes to 100. This could take a while to do every team, but if u just concentrate on the teams that u go most of the time, it won't be that big of a task!

I changed Stephen Jones kicking to 100 to see what it would be like. One kick with Stephen Jones I attempted (in my own 22), bounced by the half way line and carried on bouning to the oppositions tryline!
<

Originally posted by gjohn85@Mar 16 2005, 10:41 AM
One kick with Stephen Jones I done bounced by the half way line and carried on bouning to the oppositions tryline!
<
Cause that happens in every match . . .
<

100 bit unrealstic I would say but rasing it so that kicks are reasonable would be fair enough. Also have to have that risk element of a kick going wrong which proabbly wouldn't happen on 100 kicking

You know, I've been playing sideview and I'm finding the kicking to be just fine. It's all about making sure the ball is in the hands of your best kicker -- plus, using the kicking arrow to it's fullest.

Now, the kicking arrow is a **** idea, but it can be used.

I hope they revamp this in 2006. It's easy to confuse the arc of the kick with the direction -- they need a solid arrow on the ground!! JLR uber alles!

I have the pc version of the game & I recently downloaded 'Tom Hicks' FANTASTIC player editor.

I, like everyone has been very disappointed by how poor the distance of the kicks in open play. But there is a way of improving kicks.

All u gotta do is change every fly halfs kicking attributes to 100. This could take a while to do every team, but if u just concentrate on the teams that u go most of the time, it won't be that big of a task!

I changed Stephen Jones kicking to 100 to see what it would be like. One kick with Stephen Jones I done bounced by the half way line and carried on bouning to the oppositions tryline!
<
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

I changed Stephen Jones kicking to 100 to see what it would be like. One kick with Stephen Jones I done bounced by the half way line and carried on bouning to the oppositions tryline!
<
[/b]

yeah this sounds pretty ridiculous to me. you might as well put everyones stats up to ridiculous levels.

yes some guys are better than others but ive found that by learning to use the kicking arrow better and not by drastically altering kicking stats ive gotten better kicks into touch etc

still if you wanna change the stats thats up to you. just a little ridiculous and not very real.

Originally posted by ninjapirate@Mar 16 2005, 11:38 AM
uber alles california?

10 points if anybody understands this
it means that it was awesome, and had the best idea for this particullar point

so thats 10pts to me!

<
You do what you gotta do gjohn85 (even if it doesn't contain very readable grammer).

I think I'll leave mine as is, but what ever you get the most enjoyment out of my friend.

"One kick I done" is one kick I did. Arrgh.

Jamie Gough

i personally think that the kicking in this game is very realistic and enjoyable. Eg. I kicked from my 22 and found touch about 1m away from oppostions 22 on the full. (that was with Ricky Flutey) And the only time that I might do a poor kick is when using a player that isnt good at kicking anyway.

I think the next edition of my player editor will have a "Batch Processing" tool.

So you can choose which teams to affect, which positions, etc. and then set a percentage to increase the stat(s) by. E.g.

Say you want to make every full-back have better kicking stat...

Click the "Batch Editor" button.
Choose positions - in this case full-back (could choose more if wanted)
Choose nationality/nationalityies to affect
Choose percentages to adjust stats by (obviously putting a ceiling on the stat at 100%) either up or down
Press OK
Let it rip.

For example, I would decrease the speed of all the forwards, as they are way, way, way too fast.

Perhaps have a tool to make a stat more pronounced. e.g.

Choose the "average" level, say 70
Any players with a stat above 70 will have their stat increased, the amount of increase depending how far above 70 they are, and the amount you choose.
Any players with the chosen stat below 70 will have it reduced by an amount decided by the amount below 70 and the ratio you choose.

Example, maybe do this to players' speeds so that quick people really can run away from the slower people. Mismatches (i.e. backs picking forwards to run rings around) are more pronounced.

If anyone reckons this is worth doing, let me know and I'll get to work. It shouldn't take too long.

Tom

chesty? hmm. Tom'll do!

Um maybe. I'll have a ganders in the roster files.

England 92, NZ 91, Aus 89?

Just to make sure I'm looking for the right thing...

OK.

I've found the data, but I'm just wondering whether it's worth my while doing this you know.

Does the team's overall stat actually matter?

I'll do it if there is a demand.

Good stuff lazy, I have not used your editor YET but I will, I have the x-box version, but I am odering Rugby 2005 overseas, it is wierd we have the ps2 and the x-box version but no PC. (in the US). The percentage increase editor would be awesome and I for one would use it for sure once I get the pc version. Any chance of increasing the stats on the X-box through action replay or some system like that??? Good job.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Mar 16 2005, 07:45 PM
OK.

I've found the data, but I'm just wondering whether it's worth my while doing this you know.

Would changing a teams overall stats perhaps affect the scoreline/outcome of AI controlled games, more so then the individual players stats...

i.e when playing a tournament/competition like the Heineken Cup... raising Neath-Swansea and Northampton's overall stats would stop them from being consistently hammered when playing other AI controlled teams during the other fixtures?

... its just a thought... I would like to see a fairer representation tho... higher stats for the Super12 (practically them all) and a slight raise for some of the euro teams and even some of the poorer international teams?

An extra question I have is, if the "unlockable" teams are in the game (the NH, SH teams etc) how possible is it to completely edit these teams to actually allow you to create your own team? (team name, kits, roster, statline etc)

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Mar 16 2005, 07:45 PM
OK.

Could you please tell me which files are concerned ?

Ok fellas, I wrote this topic late last night and I haven't been getting much sleep recently, so after 11pm my concentration levels goes down to the bare minimum!

If u read my topic after 11pm, it would make sense!!

All I was suggesting was making the player attributes to 100% in order to improve kicking distances.
I have noticed there isn't much improvement, but I just wanted to let everyone what I have discovered!

i have no real problems with the kicking in fact i think it's pretty good, and don't find drop goals hard.

Latest posts