• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Interesting figures

W

wigan_rlfc

Here are comparative lists of the biggest 125 RL clubs in the World vs the 126 biggest RU clubs in the world in terms of average crowds for 2003.
disclaimer.gif

leagueandunion.gif

Interesting wouldn't you agree?

Am surprised to see that Munster only average 2600 and Leinster 2700, would have thought they'd be higher.

It would probably be more interesting to look at the ticket prices. I know that the cheapest standing student ticket at Bath is about £16/17, but then at places like Newcastle it's under a tenner.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jul 10 2004, 06:41 AM
The excuses from union start rolling out.....
How is that an excuse? I'm simply suggesting another way to look at attendances by giving examples of two union clubs that I have been to. Nowhere in my post was any anti-League, pro-Union sentiment whatsoever. You're just looking for something to argue about.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 9 2004, 10:44 PM
Havent Included any of the NPC teams
True, there is an absence of NZ RU teams, don't know why.

The main reason for me posting it was in respnse to all the 'league is nothing worldwide' posters.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 9 2004, 10:52 PM
not really.

That doesnt really compare the codes at international level
It shows that leahue is a worldwide sport with teams in Fiji, France, Japan, Russia etc.

But it has no International Competition.

When was the last time anybody heard about Japan or Moldiva playing?

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 9 2004, 11:01 PM

League is still a worldwide sport, good international competition or not.

The third biggest code of football in New York City aftre American Football and Soccer, i.e bigger than Union.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 9 2004, 11:06 PM
Gridions played in 198 countries... does that make it a world sport?
If that is the case, yes, but you need to look further into it than that. eg, is it played proffessionally/semi-proffessionally in all of the 198 countries?

and Unions got more nations in those lists then League by my calculations (I just skimmed it tho)

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jul 10 2004, 10:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jul 10 2004, 10:08 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 9 2004, 11:06 PM
Gridions played in 198 countries... does that make it a world sport?
If that is the case, yes, but you need to look further into it than that. eg, is it played proffessionally/semi-proffessionally in all of the 198 countries? [/b]
The Bartercards team on the league list arent professional, not even semi proffesional.

I doubt the Russian or PNG teams are either

biggest clubs my arse, sure the biggest league clubs but the union teams? who the f*** came up with the bulls the biggest union team, thats a joke that is.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jul 10 2004, 10:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jul 10 2004, 10:05 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 9 2004, 11:01 PM

The third biggest code of football in New York City aftre American Football and Soccer, i.e bigger than Union. [/b]
true...but rugby does, so rugby is better worldwide and in every other way and there is nothing u can do or say to change it mate, hardluck.

Originally posted by neh+Jul 9 2004, 11:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Jul 9 2004, 11:34 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jul 10 2004, 10:05 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 9 2004, 11:01 PM

The third biggest code of football in New York City aftre American Football and Soccer, i.e bigger than Union.
true...but rugby does, so rugby is better worldwide and in every other way and there is nothing u can do or say to change it mate, hardluck. [/b]
constructive answer there.

That list is completely stupid. No Australian or New Zealand teams for union. If it's meant to be a comparison on the whole of league and union, well, it can't.

Imagine if they took out the NRL figures and put the ANZ teams in... It would reverse the situation.

That list = not valid

Originally posted by Boy@Jul 10 2004, 06:49 AM
You're just looking for something to argue about.
Trust me, if I wanted to do that, I could say something stuff a LOT more controversial than that.

Latest posts