• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Interesting figures

JJ, Am not suprised there are no teams there but those figures are waaaaaay off. This thread and that website mean nothing because the data in thise tables are very skewed.

The NZ Bartercard figures may be different because they somtimes play as curtain raisers for the Warriors games therefor would people entering the stadium with like 10mins left in the game be counted? And I'm also sure that The SA currie cup teams (the ones listed) are regional teams. Not really much difference to the NPC.

It's very inaccurate and doesn't even include all of rugby union's biggest club competitions. And why not include the Super 12? Those league attendances would be shown up if the table was done correctly.

SUPER 12 IS NOT CLUB! How many times does it have to be said. It is REPRESENTATIVE FOOTBALL! NSW,ACT,QLD are all rep sides. A club side would be Randwick, Eastwood, Southern Districts etc...

would you like me to post average attendance for gridiron next
<

these don't tell me a lot about how league compares to Union
<

Well the Irish provinces aren't clubs in the strictest sense and they're included and yes Ulster are an Irish province not UK.

Most Sydney Club Rugby Teams would've made that list, all the NPC teams would've been high up

The NPC teams aren't clubs. But Super 12 teams or not representative teams. Maybe in Aus they are but in NZ they are franchises made up of NPC teams.

Fair point then Eric. But in Australia they are representing the whole state. But then again all professional sport now are "Franchises" bad or good I do not know.

Yeah I don't belive that League is more widespread because I heard of Union quite a bit of time before League.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Jul 13 2004, 01:49 AM
Yeah I don't belive that League is more widespread because I heard of Union quite a bit of time before League.
I don't know of any league being played over here in Canada, despite the fact we have a "rugby super league" they play union.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Jul 12 2004, 02:49 PM
I heard of League quite a bit of time before Union.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jul 10 2004, 10:05 AM
The third biggest code of football in New York City after American Football and Soccer, i.e bigger than Union.
Wigs, gonna need to see some evidence on that statement. I find it highly unlikely.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jul 13 2004, 08:43 AM
Captain America you old bugger, great to see you about!
Good to be back. Glad to see things have remained unchanged: lots of heated debates and Ripper holding a book of matches.

Wellington super 12 home attendance figures (2004): averaging 27,256.

Wellington NPC home attendance figures (2003): averaging 14,975 (with no all blacks....)

I think someone has very "selectively" made that attendance list up...........

This endless clap trap about how Super 12 isn't a club comp. and shouldn't be compared to NRL is just bulls..t. Club rugby in New Zealand is a totally different level of play compared to club rugby league in Aussie - same name but different level of competition. The levels, and their direct competition/level in the other codes are roughly as follows....

International Union = International league and State of origin (most players rate SOO as more important then international play).

Super 12 = Super league/NRL

NPC/Currie cup = Queensland cup, Bartercard etc

Club rugby union = minor Aussie league, Auckland club comp etc.

Now if we can all agree to that then i think you'll find that Rugby union comes out on top....................

I don't think there's much doubt on anybody's minds that rugby doesn't come out on top, just what they classify as club rugby.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jul 12 2004, 09:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jul 12 2004, 09:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wigan_rlfc
@Jul 10 2004, 10:05 AM

The third biggest code of football in New York City after American Football and Soccer, i.e bigger than Union.
Wigs, gonna need to see some evidence on that statement. I find it highly unlikely. [/b]
It was on that site. It goes on clubs, there are more League clubs in NYC than Union clubs.

Latest posts