• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Interesting figures

doesnt mean leagues more popular.

Theres more Soccer Players in NZ now then Union players, does it mean Soccer's more popular?

Not really... proof that the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZP is beaten by Super League attendence figures. What more could I ask for?

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 13 2004, 11:19 PM
doesnt mean leagues more popular.

Theres more Soccer Players in NZ now then Union players, does it mean Soccer's more popular?
Depends how you look at it.

There are more soccer players in NZ at JUNIOR level, and senior level nothing competes with union in NZ. Also, most ZP grounds in England can only hold like 10,000 unless they are played at twickers I heard.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 14 2004, 01:35 AM
There are more soccer players in NZ at JUNIOR level, and senior level nothing competes with union in NZ. Also, most ZP grounds in England can only hold like 10,000 unless they are played at twickers I heard.
Not many are full though.

Yeah, but the fact that they hold 10,000 at most would indicate they would harldy eve beat the Super League, unless they too have small grounds.

the problem with some people on this board is that they think the f***ing world revolves around their goddamn country
<

Australia - 19,913,000 people

wow NRL must represent the whole f***ing world

The Fact is the RWC is the second biggest major sporting tourny next to FIFA World Cup and over a billion people tuned in to watch the last RWC. Your telling me league could draw those numbers if it held its own tournament??? (Give me a friggin break)
<

That's very true. Maybe on the club level League is a bigger sport, I don't know. But I think that on the International level I would tend to agree with Canadian_rugger that Union draws more crowds and has more countries involved.

Id rather Union be more popular in a country like Canada then some shitty 3rd World Dump like Papua New Guniea

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2004, 05:50 AM
Id rather Union be more popular in a country like Canada then some shitty 3rd World Dump like Papua New Guniea
Yeah but Union isn't exactly huge in Canada is it?

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 14 2004, 02:20 AM
Yeah, but the fact that they hold 10,000 at most would indicate they would harldy eve beat the Super League, unless they too have small grounds.
Quite a few Super League grounds only let that amount in.

Originally posted by Wally@Jul 14 2004, 11:26 AM
How does the HC stack up? They're clubs.
I know they are, thats why they are included (apart from Irish Provinces).

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jul 14 2004, 03:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jul 14 2004, 03:12 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 14 2004, 05:50 AM
Yeah but Union isn't exactly huge in Canada is it? [/b]
Not huge, but definitly getting bigger. A lot of high schools are including it over gridiron because it is way cheaper from every standpoint. Also, it is one of the fastest growing youth sports behind golf and soccer.

Originally posted by Geoff+Jul 15 2004, 07:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Geoff @ Jul 15 2004, 07:14 AM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jul 14 2004, 03:12 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

Not huge, but definitly getting bigger. A lot of high schools are including it over gridiron because it is way cheaper from every standpoint. Also, it is one of the fastest growing youth sports behind golf and soccer. [/b]
Yeah, cheaper for parents to put their kids into rugby than ice hockey as well.

Our problem in Canada, with out little amateur league is the lack of coverage... but that'll come as it grows I suppose.

Amateur rugby is a lot more organised than amateur gridiron, so it seems... I don't even know if there is an amateur gridiron club in my town (Kitchener).

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jul 14 2004, 10:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jul 14 2004, 10:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
Yeah but Union isn't exactly huge in Canada is it? [/b]
But its more popular then League

Originally posted by Ripper+Jul 14 2004, 09:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jul 14 2004, 09:08 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jul 14 2004, 10:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

But its more popular then League [/b]
But it isn't very popular.

But its more popular then League, and you heard Glip, its taking off, ecspecially in the schools, and one thing League hasnt learnt is that schools are the key...

(In a Book published in 2001 it said that No Schools in Wellington, NZ's capital have Rugby League teams)

Latest posts