• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

International rules: whats happening?!

P

Prestwick

So...whats going on? I woke up this morning thinking "jesus christ, sodding lazy Irish and Aussies! WHERES MY INTERNATIONAL RULES SERIES?!" Seriously, I am sobbing bitter tears of frustration at the sheer lack of action over this incredibly important sporting event exhibited by the weirdos at the GAA and AFL.

I know there are various controversies, etc, etc but can you chaps just hurry up and just agree something, anything which will get us an International Rules series in 2008?

Basically the Ireland players hate playing the series as the get physically hammered. Also the AFL clubs aren't that keen for it to continue as they put their players at risk, and if it does continue it would involve the AFL putting restrictions on the clubs recruiting Gaelic football players. A lot of hurdles but it will come back eventually.

Does anyone seriously care??? I mean it's basically an excuse for the AFL to argue that they have some semblence of an international game, the result of which resembles frankenstein's monster. And seriously, what does it actually mean?
That's right - nothing!

I just like how every time it is played there is are massive all ins and all the governing bodies and so called experts and papers go on about how there'll never be a game of international rules played again unless the violence is ruled out.

Its terrific stuff to watch though. Pure madness really.

Does anyone seriously care??? I mean it's basically an excuse for the AFL to argue that they have some semblence of an international game, the result of which resembles frankenstein's monster. And seriously, what does it actually mean?
That's right - nothing! [/b]

Blah blah FRICKIN' BLAH SANZAR!

Less gabber and more action on the international rules series!

<div class='quotemain'> Does anyone seriously care??? I mean it's basically an excuse for the AFL to argue that they have some semblence of an international game, the result of which resembles frankenstein's monster. And seriously, what does it actually mean?

[/b][/quote]
You only like it because if we didn't have AFL we would be the ruler of the Rugby world...think the All Blacks times a million!

You know Brodizzle, that doesn't sound like Australia and Ireland sorting out a new International Rules competition.

No, that sounds like Australia and Ireland getting five across the face from yours truly because of the rather petty and childish nature in how this is all panning out!

Stop the bleating and start the beating! Thats what I say!

<div class='quotemain'> Does anyone seriously care??? I mean it's basically an excuse for the AFL to argue that they have some semblence of an international game, the result of which resembles frankenstein's monster. And seriously, what does it actually mean?

[/b][/quote]

You know what would be really cool?? Making an international rules series by mixing soccer with rugby! Here's what we do, we get the Italian soccer team to play the Springboks (both WC Champs) in a compromise rules series where there's 15 on each side, you score points by touching the ball down in the in goal or by drop kicking it over the posts, you're allowed to 'tackle' players with the ball, you're allowed to pick up the ball and you change the goal keeper into a fullback... ok, so not too many rule changes from the rugby end, but f*** it'd be funny to see the Italian soccer team have the **** beaten out of them by the springboks :D . In any case it'd give us the opportunity to see what it looks like when they're really hurt so we can tell when they're faking in the future.

You know Brodizzle, that doesn't sound like Australia and Ireland sorting out a new International Rules competition.

No, that sounds like Australia and Ireland getting five across the face from yours truly because of the rather petty and childish nature in how this is all panning out!

Stop the bleating and start the beating! Thats what I say!
[/b]
I don't support mongrel sports such as AFL, so I would not be the one getting 'five across the face', never watched more then a minute of the game, never will...

I watch a bit of Gaelic Footy and AFL, so I really enjoy the International Rules Series. I mean, c'mon, it is what it is, a big bruise up between two proud fighting nations. Do we need an excuse? I don't think so.
Sort it out and put it on my television. I agree with Prestwick on this one, whole-heartedly.

Latest posts