• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

iPhone 5 Specs

Icemn

First XV
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
Anyone know the new iphone 5 CPU & GPU specs :?

is apple hiding it :?

i wonder if they didn't put the same processor and grahix of the 4S into the iphone 5 :?

why hide it :?

and the clever, on GSMarena, they remove those fields which make it harder to pick up that something is missing...

but if you compare it with a phone that list the CPU and GPU, those fields are blank for the iphone5 :?

just compare it to the Samsung galaxy S3 or the iPhone 4S

<_<

ptAm9.jpg

Samsung put up an ad comparing their new one with the iPhone 5. Pretty sure they were well ahead in most departments. I'll go have a look for it.

My last phone was a 3GS and it has been the best gadget I have owned, never went wrong once, didn't skip a beat and was very easy to use. Before I realised I can't really afford another one I had decided that in a tossup between the 4/4S and the Galaxy I was going to plump for the Galaxy, it looked better and looked like it did more than the apple. I still think that even with this new one, that said I'm happy with my Sony Xperia U so up yours Samsung and Apple

I'm definitely getting an Xperia or a Nexus for my next phone next year.

So many choices...

I like my Xperia, after an iPhone it's like returning to basics but slightly better basics. I basically got it in an offer where I got a Galaxy Tab 7.0 for free.

I have a Galaxy Gio II I got for about $200 on prepay. Pretty standard smartphone really, but I have no complaints. Slick enough to keep me happy, inexpensive enough so that if I break it it wont be the end of the world.

apperently the Iphone 5 has a 1ghz Dual core processor (A6 chipset), but it kicks the S3 Quad core's ass...

almost like a 1.6 motor with a turbo charger kicking the 3.0l motor's butt...

apperently the Iphone 5 has a 1ghz Dual core processor (A6 chipset), but it kicks the S3 Quad core's ass...

almost like a 1.6 motor with a turbo charger kicking the 3.0l motor's butt...

That makes little sense. Pretty much all mobile phones these days use ARM Cortex chip design, repackaged and renamed, by themselves in Apple's case (or their OEM Foxconn), or by a 3rd party company like Qualcomm in Samsung's case. Unless one of the companies is using an old reference design, both chip's architectures will be relatively similar, which would mean the S3's quad core clocked at 1.4GHz would be head and shoulders better than Apples dual core 1GHz chip.

Ultimately it looks like Apple are recycling much of the hardware from the 4s, putting them behind their competitors from the off.

Don't believe the unsubstantiated hype that inevitably get's drummed up by Apple fanboys.

Last edited:
That makes little sense. Pretty much all mobile phones these days use ARM Cortex chip design, repackaged and renamed, by themselves in Apple's case (or their OEM Foxconn), or by a 3rd party company like Qualcomm in Samsung's case. Unless one of the companies is using an old reference design, both chip's architectures will be relatively similar, which would mean the S3's quad core clocked at 1.4GHz would be head and shoulders better than Apples dual core 1GHz chip.

Ultimately it looks like Apple are recycling much of the hardware from the 4s, putting them behind their competitors from the off.

Don't believe the unsubstantiated hype that inevitably get's drummed up by Apple fanboys.

how true this is i dont know...

http://hexus.net/mobile/news/apple/45293-iphone-5s-a6-processor-detailed-benchmarked/

This.

Benchmark scores, much like the ones in the Android world (where Sony users face off against HTC , Samsung, LG, Motorolla etc) are pretty non-indicative of anything; for the most part.

Regardless; I'mm sure non of those scores reflect an OC'd S3 (or other device) with the right kernel. ;)

Ultimately, there's a reason why Apple desktops and laptops aren't directly 'benchmarked' against Windows or Linux competitors, it's impossible to get fair results that truly shows which hardware is on top when the Operating Systems are completely different. It's like weighing an object on the earth and on the moon without taking into count the difference in gravity.

The same benchmarking programs aren't available on both platforms (even if they're called the same thing, they are still completely different on a code basis because they have been written for two different OS's), so the results are far from comparable. What is a Geekbench 2 score? What does it translate into in the real world? There's a plethora of similar 'score based benchmarks' available to test PC hardware, from 3dMark to Cinebench and everything in between, but ultimately they mean very little in the real world because certain tests favour certain features. Some benchmarks favour multi core processors, some favour raw speed with just one or two cores, none translate directly into real world results.

A Geekbench 2 score of 1601, which has come from the extremely pro Apple site MacRoumours, really does mean nothing at all. It is close to impossible to benchmark a phone unfortunately, so we'll have to wait for some trustworthy objective reviews of the iPhone 5. Or is that expecting too much????

If it runs Angry Birds, the bench-mark iPhone user will be happy enough.

Latest posts