• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Irb London Sevens

L

London Wasps

Hi All,

This is my first post, so be gentle with me!

Anyone going to the London Sevens next year at Twickenham? I went last year for the Jonny good bye match and learnt all about the sevens way of playing.. Wow, i am hooked and this time we are going for the whole weekend
<

Anyway, I do play as Centre for out local team (Fareham Heathens) and wish i had played alot earlier in life!

Look forward to inputting something into the forums!

See you all soon.

London Wasps.....
<

Of course, Premiership winners for 2006!
<

<
london wasps wont win the gp - therell loose to irish today - good to have you on the boards anyways.

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 31 2005, 01:57 PM
<
london wasps wont win the gp - therell loose to irish today - good to have you on the boards anyways.
Stupid post. I expect them to take second, but they may well take Sale in the Grand Final, they have a knack at winning the big games. Anyway, this thread isn't about the GP Lora, so stop trolling.

Wasps, how much do the tickets cost for the event roughly? It is quite a distance away the tournament, but sevens is a great game to watch. It will be interesting, as I predict it to come down to this tournament who will win the Series overall, meaning a big importance on it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Wasps, how much do the tickets cost for the event roughly? It is quite a distance away the tournament, but sevens is a great game to watch. It will be interesting, as I predict it to come down to this tournament who will win the Series overall, meaning a big importance on it.[/b]

There are about £25 per day from Ticketmaster and think its more then worth the money?

I have heard that the games may get some TV coverage, but if its like the last years one, then it will be hidden on ITV2 at 12:00 at night!
<

The stands are always half empty, but worth the trip Harrison!!

Thanks,

Chris.. AKA London Wasps

shutup harrison i was merely welcoming the new member to the boards

i love sevens

Originally posted by London Wasps@Dec 31 2005, 02:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Wasps, how much do the tickets cost for the event roughly? It is quite a distance away the tournament, but sevens is a great game to watch. It will be interesting, as I predict it to come down to this tournament who will win the Series overall, meaning a big importance on it.

There are about £25 per day from Ticketmaster and think its more then worth the money?

I have heard that the games may get some TV coverage, but if its like the last years one, then it will be hidden on ITV2 at 12:00 at night!
<

The stands are always half empty, but worth the trip Harrison!!

Thanks,

Chris.. AKA London Wasps [/b][/quote]
Yeah, I can remember seeing it on ITV2 two years ago. You would expect them to make more of it really, considering how easy it is to watch and enjoy. I've seen some boring 15-a-side games, but hardly see a match of sevens without seeing a few moments of real skill. I will definitely go one day, although probably not this year! Thanks for the info Chris!

shutup harrison i was merely welcoming the new member to the boards

i love sevens[/b]

Yes, your post was very welcoming!
<
Good trolling attempt, but look out;

London Irish 9 - 27 Wasps

<
Also, I'm glad you love sevens, and at least your nation is starting to take it seriously now. Well, more seriously.

Out of interest, could someone please explain how Sevens teams lineup?
i.e. numbers for positions like in a XV team 9 is scrumhalf, 10 is fly half etc, what are they in sevens?

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 31 2005, 01:57 PM
<
Hmm, it seems that Wasps just won a pretty clear cut victory. My captain will be pleased - he's a Wasps fan. It was a good match anyway.

Coco

Hmm, it seems that Wasps just won a pretty clear cut victory. My captain will be pleased - he's a Wasps fan. It was a good match anyway.[/b]

Yes, it was a good game. Need to sort out the lineouts, but good all the same..

Harrison : Top of the table into the new Year
<

London Wasps...
<

Originally posted by London Wasps@Dec 31 2005, 05:25 PM
Harrison : Top of the table into the new Year
<
<
Game in hand...

It will be interesting to see how Sale do at Bath though, with Bath finding a new lease of life, while Sale are just going from strength to strength. Fingers crossed for a Bath win if your a Wasps fan eh?!

You guys better go if you have the opportunity, Jone Daunivucu and WIlliam Ryder wont dissapoint you.

Latest posts