A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Ireland.gif
Ireland v Argentina
Argentina.gif

parcdesprinces2.jpg
</div>

Well the equation is rather simple for Ireland, a bonus point win and denying the Pumas one in the process will secure qualification. Unfortunately though given the form of the side, the more likely scenario will see the Pumas leave Paris with a bonus point victory and a handy quarter final against the Italians or the Scots in St. Denis.

The forwards have been a major let down for this Irish side, their inability to secure quick ball has cost us dear and made the backlike look pedestrian as opposing defences have been on the front foot throughout most of our matches. If this can be turned around and the handling errors reduced then maybe a miracle greater than that which Munster got against Gloucester may well be on the cards.

Argentina will be supremely confident ahead of Sunday's clash although the potential absence of Contepomi and Hernandez might makes things more difficult, we'll see how serious those injuries are later today I'd imagine. Ireland don't seem to have any injury worries either but I'd expect changes from the side which started in St Denis, whether that will happen though is another thing.

Ireland will go out with a whimper in this one leaving serious questions to be answered over Eddie O'Sullivan's future while Argentina will go on to face South Africa in a humdinger of a semi-final in St Denis.

Your thoughts???

I have a strange feeling Ireland will do it...the fact that they need the bonus point win will take the pressure of the shoulders of the Irish and put it into the mind of the Argentinians that a defeat will be okay. If Ireland go into the last 20 minutes having scored a couple of tries then you can imagine Argentina's nerves will be frayed.

It depends on how the Pumas deal with the pressure 'cause they are better than Ireland at the moment. Experience on the big stage may well count though.

Hang on....how does a bonus point win while denying one to Argentina ensure qualification for Ireland? If they do that they'll end up on 14 points, equal with the Argies and almost regardless of the score, well behind on points difference. If France win against Georgia, even without a bonus point, they'll also be on 14 points and once again well ahead of Ireland on points difference. Isn't points difference the first thing used to seperate teams on the same number of points? Based on that it would seem the only way Ireland could possibly qulify would be if they beat Argentina and Georgia beat France....so basically they're screwed. Have I got something wrong there?

If that scenario plays out then Ireland would go through having won the game between the 2 sides which takes precedence over the points difference.

Ireland have had problems right from their first game and they haven't been showing any positive signs for me. I don't think that's about to change. I like the Puma's fast game speed and they will certainly carry that into this game against an out-of-sorts Irish team. I'm expecting a lot points to be slotted between the posts from both sides.

Argies by 12.

Jesus Tarbh your one sick puppy :). Could you not have posted this five mins before kick off or sumpin.

Eddie has to bite the bullet and put some forwards in the seem to want to play for the jersey. O'Kelly has to play, if only to fix the lineout. Neill Best has to play, even it it means dropping Easterby or Wallace. I'd also consider Quinlan or Ferris for the bench.

As for the Backs. Well Trimble cant be retained mainly because there are other options (Murphy) well worth a game. May also consider Wallace at 10 but I dont think that will really fix anything.

Unfortunately that is all we can look forward to. Argentina to beat the living shite out of the Irish pack and win at a canter.

It´s gonna be a tough match, that´s for sure. The one thing in our favour, I think, is that the Pumas are the only team that haven´t allowed a single try during the whole competition (even NZ have), It seems very unlikely that Ireland could score four times. But it´s Ireland, on the other hand. Even if they are not playing a great rugby so far, they could do it any minute. What a game!

The one thing in our favour, I think, is that the Pumas are the only team that haven´t allowed a single try during the whole competition (even NZ have)...[/b]

:eek: Wow that's true, I didn't even realise that, the Pumas have a strong defence line.

Not letting the opposition to score any tries against you ain't that special. :p

<div class='quotemain'>
The one thing in our favour, I think, is that the Pumas are the only team that haven´t allowed a single try during the whole competition (even NZ have)...[/b]

:eek: Wow that's true, I didn't even realise that, the Pumas have a strong defence line.

Not letting the opposition to score any tries against you ain't that special. :p
[/b][/quote]

Absolutely!! B)
This is the main reason that is making me happy. To loose against Ireland is probable, but letting them to score 4 tries, when not even France could make one?????!!!!!!!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I don't think it gonna happen. ;)

I would tell you guys: have this world cup as gone for you and take advantage that since next year our coach Lofreda will be coaching the Leicester. Then, every once in a while you can go to the next island and ask him questions about coaching national teams. :cheers:

Arg beat Ireland by +15, you can bet on that

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Absolutely!! B)
This is the main reason that is making me happy. To loose against Ireland is probable, but letting them to score 4 tries, when not even France could make one?????!!!!!!!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I don't think it gonna happen. ;)

I would tell you guys: have this world cup as gone for you and take advantage that since next year our coach Lofreda will be coaching the Leicester. Then, every once in a while you can go to the next island and ask him questions about coaching national teams. :cheers:

Arg beat Ireland by +15, you can bet on that [/b][/quote]

Agree, I think Argentina should win with no problems at all.

I am very disappointed with this Ireland squad, where’s the fighting spirit & never say die mentality. Does anyone in this mob want to be there? I'm starting to think some of the lads have been hanging out with Gavin Henson in the hair salon? Just hopefully they can bring that fighting spirit in to this do or die encounter with Argentina.

Four things the have to do.
1. Grow some balls and hit the adv. line at speed.
2. Secure there ball and clean out any M.F*#ker in another jersey.(even the ref if they have too)
3. Get some depth in there attack.
4. Want to die for the Green Jersey. (Fighting Irish) even bring back the biff, if they have too.

Give my main man Brian Carney a go. I’ve played against him & I can tell you he will do a better job than some of the other blokes out there.

Ireland always is a very hard opponent!! But, they have all the pressure on they shoulders. It will be a nice game. Lets Go PUMAS!!!!!

"Yo te dare....te dare una cosa....yo te dare...una cosa que empieza con P....PUMAS!!" :bravo:

I think Argentina should win with no problems at all
Los pumas will crush ireland, with all respect

Well I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again- this Ireland team are much better than what we`re seeing at the moment. But in order for them to qualify, they`ll need to score 4 tries, and that against the best defense of the tournament to date.

So here`s the way I see it going: Ireland haven`t been very strong up front during this tourney, and the Argies have been exceptional. Expect messrs. Ledesma and Hasan to really stick it to Hayes and co. come the scrums.

Also, while the Ireland back row have been quite frankly disappointing, for me Fernandez-Lobbe at 7 has been a revelation for the Argies. I`ve always rated him as a player, but he`s really playing the best rugby of his life at the moment. Although I`d expect some of the NZ`ers to disagree, for me he`s been the class 7 of the RWC to date.

On paper, at least, Ireland should have the stronger backline. If there is one area that maybe the Argies lack, it is a couple of extra world-class backs. Hernandez, Corletto, Felipe Contepomi and Pichot are all world class, but if they had one more, they`d have been finalist material IMO. But that said, at this stage, even with their much-vaunted centre pairing, Ireland have played with very little depth. And if you attempt to play without go-forward ball, and from so close to the gain line, against a defense as well structured as the Argies, well you ain`t gonna score much.

So I`m expecting the Argies to win this one, and top the pool. I`m also expecting them to win their QF against either Scotland or Italy. And I`ll tell you what- as a South African, I`m more than just a little worried about a likely Bok-Argies semi. These Argies are good, damn good. And they`re getting better with every game.

Go Pumas!! We need to win this to take the Scottish or Italians and dream with the semi-finals!!!

Well I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again- this Ireland team are much better than what we`re seeing at the moment. But in order for them to qualify, they`ll need to score 4 tries, and that against the best defense of the tournament to date.

So here`s the way I see it going: Ireland haven`t been very strong up front during this tourney, and the Argies have been exceptional. Expect messrs. Ledesma and Hasan to really stick it to Hayes and co. come the scrums.

Also, while the Ireland back row have been quite frankly disappointing, for me Fernandez-Lobbe at 7 has been a revelation for the Argies. I`ve always rated him as a player, but he`s really playing the best rugby of his life at the moment. Although I`d expect some of the NZ`ers to disagree, for me he`s been the class 7 of the RWC to date.

On paper, at least, Ireland should have the stronger backline. If there is one area that maybe the Argies lack, it is a couple of extra world-class backs. Hernandez, Corletto, Felipe Contepomi and Pichot are all world class, but if they had one more, they`d have been finalist material IMO. But that said, at this stage, even with their much-vaunted centre pairing, Ireland have played with very little depth. And if you attempt to play without go-forward ball, and from so close to the gain line, against a defense as well structured as the Argies, well you ain`t gonna score much.

So I`m expecting the Argies to win this one, and top the pool. I`m also expecting them to win their QF against either Scotland or Italy. And I`ll tell you what- as a South African, I`m more than just a little worried about a likely Bok-Argies semi. These Argies are good, damn good. And they`re getting better with every game.
[/b]

Thanks, I hope PUMAS in the semis and front springboks too, I think that can be a great match, but first we need win the match against the irish, and that be the dificult match. Ireland must kill or die and i think they probably make more stronge that situatiion.

GO PUMAS!!!!

Well the injury update isn't looking too good for Ireland, O'Driscoll has a right hamstring problem, O'Gara sat out training with a calf injury, Girvan Dempsey bruised his collarbone in the French match while Jerry Flannery picked up a neck injury in training.

O'Gara missing out wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as he has been shockingly below par in this tournament, Junkie Sheehan coming in would be an absolute disaster, wonder would Eddie call for Jackman to replace Best, doubt it. O'Driscoll is irreplaceable and the double whammy would be O'Connell leading the side which compounds the misery as far as I'm concerned.

Beleaguered Ireland fly-half Ronan O'Gara missed Ireland's open training session in Bordeaux on Monday afternoon with a calf injury.

O'Gara arrived at the Stade Bordelais with the team but took no part in the training, spending the session in the dug-out.

Even more worryingly for Ireland, Brian O'Driscoll limped off an hour into the session.

The Ireland skipper appeared to be troubled by his right hamstring and hobbled around before leaving the pitch for treatment.

And full-back Girvan Dempsey also took no part as he continues his recovery from the bang to his collarbone sustained during Friday's 25-3 defeat by France.

In another scare for Ireland, hooker Jerry Flannery fell to the floor following a heavy collision with Simon Best that left the Munster hooker in considerable pain.

After several minutes Flannery returned to his feet and an ice pack was placed over his neck and he took no further part in training.
[/b]

O Jeeeeez - BOD's hamstring, that's all we need. Now we'll definitely go out against the ABs.