• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Argentina

O Jeeeeez - BOD's hamstring, that's all we need. Now we'll definitely go out against the ABs.
[/b]

I must admit that you have either a HUGE sense of humor or a HUGE imagination :lol2tn:

O Jeeeeez - BOD's hamstring, that's all we need. Now we'll definitely go out against the ABs. [/b]

Quick! Someone call a doctor! We've got a victim of heatstroke! He's delerious! :lol:

O'Driscoll and O'Gara have been cleared to play for Ireland according to RTÉ, O'Gara may not have been the biggest lost as I'm sure Wallace couldn't be much worse than O'Gara has been throughout the tournament but O'Driscoll is vital to our slim chances despite the BBC wondering where he's gone, had they bothered looking at the performance of the forwards they would have realised how redundant their question really was.

<div class='quotemain'>
Hello Next Sunday All French Will Be Irish!!! Com'on Ireland
[/b]

One defeat against Argentina wasn't enough?
[/b][/quote]

As far as i can see i hasnt been enough por them... they are gonna support the irish in their worst moment!!! Come on frenchies!!! we are starting to think that you are some sort of masochist freaks!!! :D

Why didn´t Hickie didn´t play Ireland´s last game? I think he should be starting against Argentina, since he is really secure with high balls, and his kick is great for a wing. On the other hand, I think Horgan is going to have a LOT of trouble with Hernandez kicks, if he plays, wich I think he shouldn´t (he´s, for me, the weakest link in Ireland´s team)

And I agree with you BokMagic, I. Fernandez Lobbe is playing such an amazing RWC! I´m used to watch corageous not-that-bigger flankers with huge tackling style in Pumas squads through history (Phelan, Garreton, Petersen), but this guy, apart from that, can really play in the open game. I think he is, with Roncero and Contepomi, the best of Argentina´s squad so far.

O Jeeeeez - BOD's hamstring, that's all we need. Now we'll definitely go out against the ABs. [/b]
You got to admire his optimism. :) Again though, about 20 mins before kick off, I'll be positive we'll win by about 60 points.

No point ruining a good **** up by thinking logically. We'll have all night to be dissapointed. At least this way we'll have the few hours or so before to drink, be merry and talk shite.

Go Pumas!! We need to win this to take the Scottish or Italians and dream with the semi-finals!!!
[/b]

NO SOLO ESO, LE TENGOFE PARA HACERLE FRENTE A SUDAFRICA
PERO PRIMERO NECESITAMOS GANAR CONTRA IRLANDA

I went into this tournament with Ireland as my no. 2 team to support (after Australia)...

But now I really want Argentina to beat Ireland and finish first...

I just think it would be great for the game...

I went into this tournament with Ireland as my no. 2 team to support (after Australia)...

But now I really want Argentina to beat Ireland and finish first...

I just think it would be great for the game... [/b]

Definitely. It will be a huge boost for World Rugby, especially for Argentina (they were my no. 3 team to support). I'm a little excited about the Puma's chances to fight their way through to a semi-final spot. It would be more exciting to see the near-coming 2008 4-nations teams (ARG, SA, AUS and NZ) fighting it out at that stage of the competition.

Why didn´t Hickie didn´t play Ireland´s last game? I think he should be starting against Argentina, since he is really secure with high balls, and his kick is great for a wing. On the other hand, I think Horgan is going to have a LOT of trouble with Hernandez kicks, if he plays, wich I think he shouldn´t (he´s, for me, the weakest link in Ireland´s team)
[/b]

Horgan won't have any problems with the garryowens from Hernandez, he's rock solid under high ball and in no way near being the weakest link in the Irish team, in fact he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet.

All Blacks are gonna take it all so it don't matter lol. I'm hoping Ireland get through only cause we'll have to wear that stupid silver & black kit if France make it and I think it made the All Blacks lose consentration.

I was watching the game and I couldn't tell who da hell was who it was a bit confusing the All Blacks should of just stuck with the black strip.

Hello Next Sunday All French Will Be Irish!!! Com'on Ireland [/b]

Not all the french ;)

I think Argentina deserve it better than us. They beat us (one more time) in font of our public, in the opening match... et we were really lucky to get this bonus point, with the two penalties missed by Contepomi at the end.

They are stronger, period. I really want to see them in semi final. And if we still have the pretension of winning this world cup, we must beat the Blacks in anyway. At Cardiff ? We can only blame our organisation... so be it !

My prediction: Argentina by 9

Irish Team named.

15 â€" Geordan Murphy (Leicester)
14 â€" Shane Horgan (Boyne/Leinster)
13 â€" Brian O’Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) Captain
12 â€" Gordon D’Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 â€" Denis Hickie (St.Mary’s College/Leinster)
10 â€" Ronan O’Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
9 â€" Eoin Reddan (Wasps)
1 â€" Marcus Horan (Shannon/Munster)
2 â€" A.N. Other
3 â€" John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
4 â€" Donncha O’Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 â€" Paul O’Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
6 â€" Simon Easterby (Llaneli)
7 â€" David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
8 â€" Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster)

Replacements
16 â€" A.N. Other
17 â€" Simon Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
18 â€" Malcolm O’Kelly (St.Mary’s College/Leinster)
19 â€" Neil Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
20 â€" Isaac Boss (Ballymena/Ulster)
21 â€" Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster)
22 â€" Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)

Best and Flannery not put in place just yet due to injury concerns...
Nice to see we have packed the backline with all our strike runners.
Still an odd bench though. Would have thought he'd stick in Strings for Boss. And now dropping Dempsey completely?? weird.

Irish Team named.

15 â€" Geordan Murphy (Leicester)
14 â€" Shane Horgan (Boyne/Leinster)
13 â€" Brian O’Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) Captain
12 â€" Gordon D’Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 â€" Denis Hickie (St.Mary’s College/Leinster)
10 â€" Ronan O’Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
9 â€" Eoin Reddan (Wasps)
1 â€" Marcus Horan (Shannon/Munster)
2 â€" A.N. Other
3 â€" John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
4 â€" Donncha O’Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 â€" Paul O’Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
6 â€" Simon Easterby (Llaneli)
7 â€" David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
8 â€" Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster)

Replacements
16 â€" A.N. Other
17 â€" Simon Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
18 â€" Malcolm O’Kelly (St.Mary’s College/Leinster)
19 â€" Neil Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
20 â€" Isaac Boss (Ballymena/Ulster)
21 â€" Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster)
22 â€" Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)

Best and Flannery not put in place just yet due to injury concerns...
Nice to see we have packed the backline with all our strike runners.
Still an odd bench though. Would have thought he'd stick in Strings for Boss. And now dropping Dempsey completely?? weird.
[/b]

Great news for Pumas if Hickie plays. I don´t mean any disrespect to the irish fans , but he couldn t score a try in a polo field.

Regarding the comments of the french supporting Ireland, and the french fans in the stadium that will surely wear their green colours, there is a phrase that fits, argentos in this forum will agree with me: LO DE FRANCIA ES DE EQUIPO CHICO...

Cheers,