• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Argentina

What a great game, Im really impressed! Pumas, in this RWC, had made a huge mentality change from the previous ones. and they´ve been able to think themselves as favourites, so they faced every single game not only trying to face the QF, but of winning the "group of death". There are some really excellent performances during the whole tournament (Pichot, Hernandez, F. Contepomi, Corleto, J. Fernandez Lobbe, Roncero). Ireland played their hearts out, but they had a very hard task. In my opinion, they didnt loose their chance of qualifying in this game, but in the Georgia one, when they didnt get the bonus. BOD showed he is still the best centre and, even though almost everybody in here is blaming O´Gara, I think the player that was really under his playing level during the whole tournament, was D´Arcy.

Now is Scotland next Sunday. I think Argentina can get through the semis, but its gonna be a hard match. Springboks are, in my opinion, the hardest rival to face in this RWC, even more than the AB, who had shown they are "a little" vulnerable after a couple of phases (both Romania and Portugal were able to score). But, if Pumas get to the Semis, is a win or win situation.

Hernandez scoring a drop with his left leg was incredible, i think he is maybe the best fly half on the tournament so far (I liked Hola a lot also) and he will be an EXCELLENT player in a year or two.

Can't wait for a Argentina - Springbok semi. The Pumas will crush Scotland by 30 plus next week and have every chance in beating the Boks.

Can't wait for a Argentina - Springbok semi. The Pumas will crush Scotland by 30 plus next week and have every chance in beating the Boks.
[/b]

I cant wait that too!!!, but, first Scotland!!!

What can you say, but well done Argentina...they are the clear victors of the "Pool of Death."
I'm sad, Ireland should have been playing as well as they did in this match throughout the entire pool. Sadly, even the best play of the tournament wasn't good enough to beat Los Pumas. Bad Ball Retention, the Argentine forwards kept turning the ball over. Hernandez, and Contemponi were fantastic. O'Driscoll was, in my honest opinion, fantastic...he's the best player in the world. BOD was absolutely everywhere on that pitch, and was single-handedly causing chaos. I'll just have to look forward to seeing an Irish side win the Magner's and seeing O'Driscoll Captain the Barbarians.
Argentina should have their way with Scotland in the QF's. I'm keeping my eyes wide open to see France beat the All Black's...anything can happen, right?

BOD was absolutely everywhere on that pitch, and was single-handedly causing chaos.[/b]

Yeah, at one point our TV commentator said something like, O'Driscoll is playing every position on the pitch. We knew it was over at that stage, so we just laughed. He was fcuking ripping - had some things to say to the Pumas, although his comments after the match were a bit off. I understand his thinking, but if you're prevented playing the game you want then better to be magnanimous. And anyone notice Conti playing Leinster/Munster mind games with ROG?

Good evening Argentina,

First, congratulations for your demonstration against Ireland.
I thought it would be a tough match with a small score and i was wrong.
Except the first 8 minutes, i never had the feeling that Ireland could do something.

Argentinian's waves were impressive. Each attack was near to score.
I was more convinced after this match that after France one.
I'mnot really sure that our French team could reach the final but if it will, i would like a match against Argentina.
My second favorite final would be an Australia-Argentina one.

Come on Argentina !!

Bye

thanks dreek, argentina played superb this pool.
ireland started the game with all but argentina knew like play these games
JH is the best 10 of all around world in my opinion

vamos pumas!!!

<div class='quotemain'> You're like a stuck record on this point, the fact is the way we were playing in that Autumn series we would have given the All Blacks a proper game, just like we did in both tests during the Summer and don't start harping on about the fact that it was a second string side when 9 or 10 of that team are in the first choice side. Not saying we would have beaten them but on our Autumn form and Six Nations form we were the better than the French.

Things change and obviously teams have worked us out but a year or so ago they hadn't. [/b]

You better were better than the French in the 6 Nations? Last time I checked the French beat you... again... in Ireland... and the way you say "teams have worked you out" make you sound like you were on some kind of unstoppable rampage - there was nothing to figure out, you beat up on Scotland and Italy, big f***ing whoop. You still lost consitiently to the top teams whenever they rocked up with Full Strength teams (or in case of the All Blacks, when they played Casey Laulala and Craig Newby... and who can forget the "Change the Entire Starting XV and still beat you by 40" ploy in the Grand Slam Tour)

http://stats.allblacks.com/teamsheet.asp?MT_ID=2127
http://stats.allblacks.com/teamsheet.asp?MT_ID=2126

I don't think Laulala, Kaino, Dermody, Hill or Hamilton even ever made another All Black squad. Rawlinson and Flavell only got more gametime when the Top 4 All Black Locks were all unavailable at the same time, Mauger had been replaced by the end of the Tri Nations by the guy who was playing at Fly Half and who was made to look bad in that position by Italy. Sure, there were a bunch of first teamers, but when a team has 5 players who 18 months and 20 odd tests later have never even made another 30 man squad, it is safe IMO to call that team understrength,.

Because Ireland managed to keep the score within 10 points against a team that was no where near the All Blacks Full Strength at the start of their season (when they always play kak - even Canada almost led into Half Time this year) it is reasonable to assume that Ireland would be able to do better than the French side who they haven't been able to beat in... 6 straight games? who were molested at home?

http://stats.allblacks.com/teamsheet.asp?l...&MT_ID=2136

I count 10 changes in the Starting XV alone between the 1st Irish test team and the team that caned the French. [/b][/quote]

good stuff on owning him with cold hard facts and not delusional irish blaba

What can you say, but well done Argentina...they are the clear victors of the "Pool of Death."
I'm sad, Ireland should have been playing as well as they did in this match throughout the entire pool. Sadly, even the best play of the tournament wasn't good enough to beat Los Pumas. Bad Ball Retention, the Argentine forwards kept turning the ball over. Hernandez, and Contemponi were fantastic. O'Driscoll was, in my honest opinion, fantastic...he's the best player in the world. BOD was absolutely everywhere on that pitch, and was single-handedly causing chaos. I'll just have to look forward to seeing an Irish side win the Magner's and seeing O'Driscoll Captain the Barbarians.
Argentina should have their way with Scotland in the QF's. I'm keeping my eyes wide open to see France beat the All Black's...anything can happen, right?
[/b]

Just brilliant tactical kicking from the Pumas. Nailing balls back into the 22 and Ireland had no other choice but to run it back where they got isolated and the big Argies effortlessly turned the ball over from there. I must have seen Murphy in that same situation at least 10 times.

Once again, welldone to Argentina. That's exactly what I expected for this game, they just did what they are good at. Gotta feel for the Irish though - I mean wow they came out like monsters in the beginning of the second half. They had the aggression in them right from the 40th minute and fought hard. But by the end - frowning took over. Hard luck.

Hard luck. [/b]
Luck's got nothing to do with it really. It was a better performance from Ireland but still riddled with errors. Argentina were the better team on the day, and throughout the tournament.

We saw the writing on the wall early on, so weve had plenty of time to get used to the idea of going home early.

juan hernandez is the best player of the world cup. is the future star of the international rugby

argentina sucks
[/b]

Then what does that make France? You guys got THRASHED twice by them. They OWNED you in your home country. Man that must of been embarrassing getting BURNED not once, by twice in Paris. Now who sucks?

And Leguizamon NAILED the so called "Beast".

Argentina, I salute you.

<div class='quotemain'>
argentina sucks
[/b]

Then what does that make France? You guys got THRASHED twice by them. They OWNED you in your home country. Man that must of been embarrassing getting BURNED not once, by twice in Paris. Now who sucks?

Argentina, I salute you.
[/b][/quote]

Couldn't have said it better... However I was not very pleased by Contempomi mockin' on Potrenau after the last try....

<div class='quotemain'>
argentina sucks
[/b]

Argentina, I salute you.
[/b][/quote]

Oh I completely luved that Hit on the "beast"