• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ireland have never beaten England when Manu Tuilagi plays.

Ireland have only won once when Farrell starts 10.

Ireland have also never beaten England in 2019, With Dan Robson in the 23 or with England on the brink of secession from the European Union.

So basically, it's a done deal.
You know Tuilagi will be injured by then? Surely you must know that!

You've got a point on the EU though, Ireland won the 1972 game which was the year before we both joined the EEC so presumably the opposite will occur this time!

It's rugby I think it's hard to predict anything apart from a dubious no arms Farrell tackle happening at some point.

You know Tuilagi will be injured by then? Surely you must know that!

You've got a point on the EU though, Ireland won the 1972 game which was the year before we both joined the EEC so presumably the opposite will occur this time!

I'm blaming you if he gets injured now.

In reality with Farrell captaining England and at 10 we will lose, he is the worst 10 in the league.

I think a good 1 all draw will be the result.

Jack Nowell the secret 7.
Hopefully Exeter play him there tomorrow.

For game time and all that

With Exeter style of play might as well stick to being a 7 since they don't use their Wingers.....

It's rugby I think it's hard to predict anything apart from a dubious no arms Farrell tackle happening at some point.

I would describe Farrell's no-arms tackles as more forthright than dubious. He is full of passionate transparency in his commitment to ignoring the tackle laws of the game. As Francois Hougaard would say: "We are more likely to see a two-footed challenge from Oscar Pistorius than a two-armed tackle from Owen Farrell."

Git gud scrubz
t4t6pYS.jpg

Teo and Shield officially ruled out of the test.

The 25 man squad -

Forwards
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), Maro Itoje (Saracens), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons).

Backs
Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain, George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Dan Robson (Wasps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

Hope this leads to Wilson, Curry and Billy in back row with Ford, Farrell and Manu in backs.

Hope this leads to Wilson, Curry and Billy in back row with Ford, Farrell and Manu in backs.
Will you stop....

No way Tuilagi will survive the day off tomorrow. He will be out until May

Interesting, interesting... So looks like we've got Itoje or Lawes as flanker cover? 6-7-8 is Wilson Curry Billy. Hughes covers 8, but no-one's got 6 and 7.

Or will Eddie go Itoje/Lawes-Curry-Billy and have Wilson as cover for 6-7? Hell, I'd rather he covered 8 too.

Back three of Ashton-May-Brown, I reckon, and then who gets the 13 start? Tuilagi, Slade, or maybe even Daly?

If it wasn't for EJ's love of Hughes I'd expect Hughes and one of Slade/Daly/Nowell to get the chop. Probably not Daly, for all that he's not been great recently.

No inside centres in the squad ???
Does that mean ford farrell slade jj manu

Youngs, Ford, May, Farrell, Tuilagi, Ashton, Brown (Robson, Nowell, Daly on bench)

More than happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts