• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs. Canada 2000

Now that you gave us the result of the fights what was the score of the rugby game that broke out occasionally?

Anyone have a video of this? Final score was a 27-all draw.
I don't have a video of this but, I've read a few Irish players books who mention this game and it wasnt exactly the happiest time on tour after what was, the Munster players anyway, first full professional season.
Now that you gave us the result of the fights what was the score of the rugby game that broke out occasionally?

A Saffa calling Ireland a dirty team? That's like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it.

Ah this game...good luck finding an archive, I believe Sportsnet in Canada covered this one here,(as they showed most of Canada's tests at the time). But I haven't even seen partial youtube clips lying around, I'd love to see it again myself.

http://www.espnscrum.com/statsguru/rugby/match/23806.html

Oddly enough PD and I discussed this game a couple of days ago on PM while we were going over how the Irish fans on the forum are massively underating the current North American sides in particualr their backs(possibly due to Canada's disaster in Limerick in 2008).

A great result for Canada that day but an odd one before the game a draw would have been considered a solid performance but this was Canada's game to win as we led 21-8 at half time and Ireland needed a last minute penalty just to secure a draw. I was kind of gutted at the time but looking back now I am pretty proud of the boys efforts, I guess this is a common case with draws but this game was a serious scalp oppourtunity that was only half pulled off.

I don't have a video of this but, I've read a few Irish players books who mention this game and it wasnt exactly the happiest time on tour after what was, the Munster players anyway, first full professional season.

A Saffa calling Ireland a dirty team? That's like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it.
Dude I love the Irish and Canadians. If it ain't something you can lose your teeth in they don't play it. We had two of our greatest fights against the Canadians and Irish and occasionally the rugby match broke out. Funny I think both ended 20 - 0 which is a coincidence

Oddly enough PD and I discussed this game a couple of days ago on PM while we were going over how the Irish fans on the forum are massively underating the current North American sides in particualr their backs(possibly due to Canada's disaster in Limerick in 2008).

Is this because of my comments about Emery being as good as any backs that Olding will face on tour?

Latest posts