• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland's Call

Ireland The Best International Side Ever?

• Yes, you ****'n eejit!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obviously

• It's as if God and all the Saints literally made up the squad

• Maybe it's just that all other teams suck?

• No

• Total voters
O

O'Rothlain

<div align="center">
SGE.ARH87.180306225251.photo00.quicklook.default-245x165.jpg
</div>
So, we're all agreed that Ireland are the best team in the history of Rugby Football ever. What then, are your thoughts on Irish Rugby?

Well... actually...no...

Otherwise they would win a six nations to start with.

Pwned.

Well... actually...no...

Otherwise they would win a six nations to start with.

[/b]

And you'd imagine they would have achieved more than one Grand Slam in their history too. Sorry O'Rothlain.

I'm going to have to ignore your so-called "logic" and "statistics" and "acurate facts about win-loss records and number of championships won" and go with the truth that they are simply magnificently brilliant. Where is your argument now?

I'm going to have to ignore your so-called "logic" and "statistics" and "acurate facts about win-loss records and number of championships won" and go with the truth that they are simply magnificently brilliant. Where is your argument now?
[/b]

You are right...that's well and truly put us in our place. Hat off to you my Hibernian friend.

In your honour I'm going to place this normal pint of Guinness on this Guinness surger unit :

don't make me press that button - click the link if you dare

What do you say to that!?!?!?

Uhm, right, so I watched the video and all, and by the way thank you for acknowledging the validity of my statements, but what is this Guinness surger thing? Is it real? I'm now intrigued and baffled.

80152image.jpg

Still, regardless...we're going to beat England the "World Champions" (please note that if I were speaking this sentence "world champions" would be said with an extremely anoying sarcastic tone).

80152image.jpg

Still, regardless...we're going to beat England the "World Champions" (please note that if I were speaking this sentence "world champions" would be said with an extremely anoying sarcastic tone). [/b]

Like that's an accomplishment

Looking at it position wise we do have a very good team
1- Marcus is great around the field buit struggles against the big tightheads at scrum time
2- Jerry Flannery was for me the top hooker in the world last year matching Mealamu for work rates and actually hitting his targets in the lineout
3- 'The Bull' Hayes what a man, what a legend, what a shite scrummager, probably the best lineout lifter iv ever seen though

4- Malcom/Donnacha this is probably the iresh teams most interesting positional battle, with both of them being world class lineout technicans and working like backrows around the pitch
5- Paul O'Connell, simply the best second row since MJ, flawless

6- Easterby is the best backlineout jumper going at the mo, works like a dog and is as reliable as big ben
7- David Wallace matched McCaw in NZ, was the best 7 in the 6N and to top it all off his thighs are so big he has to get custom made pants
8- Leamy, the best no8 in the world full stop.

9- Stringer, excellent passer and is growing as a threat around a ruck, very reliable
10- ROG, does the job with the boot and is improving at releasing his backline

12- Gordon D'Arcy. injury prone and suffered from second/third season jitters. Excellent at the breakdown. Hopefully will peak for World Cup
13- BOD, If there is a better centre in modern times I havent seen him. Again excellent at the break time

11- Shaggy proved his pedigree in last years HC and 6N, but perhaps lacks that extra yard of pace
14- Andrew Trimble, the young gun of the squad, excellent going forward not so-hot going back especially under the high ball. I would like to see him partnered with BOD in the centre at some point
15- Murphy, dare i say it ; the best fullback going now that Mils is playing centre

(please note that if I were speaking this sentence "world champions" would be said with an extremely anoying sarcastic tone).
[/b]

Listen mate if you want to borrow a world cup you only have to ask...we've got a spare knocking round somewhere.

julesrimet.gif

rugby_world_cup.jpg

Or just learn how to do this :

C_58_ImageGallery_80113_Image.jpg

or this

Jonny-Wilkinson.jpg

Looking at it position wise we do have a very good team
1- Marcus is great around the field buit struggles against the big tightheads at scrum time
2- Jerry Flannery was for me the top hooker in the world last year matching Mealamu for work rates and actually hitting his targets in the lineout
3- 'The Bull' Hayes what a man, what a legend, what a shite scrummager, probably the best lineout lifter iv ever seen though

4- Malcom/Donnacha this is probably the iresh teams most interesting positional battle, with both of them being world class lineout technicans and working like backrows around the pitch
5- Paul O'Connell, simply the best second row since MJ, flawless

6- Easterby is the best backlineout jumper going at the mo, works like a dog and is as reliable as big ben
7- David Wallace matched McCaw in NZ, was the best 7 in the 6N and to top it all off his thighs are so big he has to get custom made pants
8- Leamy, the best no8 in the world full stop.

9- Stringer, excellent passer and is growing as a threat around a ruck, very reliable
10- ROG, does the job with the boot and is improving at releasing his backline

12- Gordon D'Arcy. injury prone and suffered from second/third season jitters. Excellent at the breakdown. Hopefully will peak for World Cup
13- BOD, If there is a better centre in modern times I havent seen him. Again excellent at the break time

11- Shaggy proved his pedigree in last years HC and 6N, but perhaps lacks that extra yard of pace
14- Andrew Trimble, the young gun of the squad, excellent going forward not so-hot going back especially under the high ball. I would like to see him partnered with BOD in the centre at some point
15- Murphy, dare i say it ; the best fullback going now that Mils is playing centre
[/b]

Mate, saying things like Leamy is the best #8 in the world fullstop is stupid and same goes for murphy, fair enuff if you say they are in the top 5 or so but the best in the world..dont think so :)

In defense of kick2touch and myself, you all are just jealous knobs (no offense).
Maybe England could learn to do this:
kings300.jpg

Now, yes that is nonsense to think the English could actually learn hurling (obviously they couldn't and that's why they banned it), but it's no more nonsense than you posting a picture of the 1812 England World cup soccer champions (Well, maybe it wasn't 1812, but it sure has been a while, hasn't it?). So, if we're all quite done with name calling and stupid analogies, I'd like to re-iterate my point that Ireland are the most brilliant Rugby team ever in the history of the existence of life.

ok maybe national pride kicked in there for Muphy but my Stance remains for Leamy

ok maybe national pride kicked in there for Muphy but my Stance remains for Leamy
[/b]

Why?

Leamy is a competant club player, and a journeyman international. He's put in a few shocking performances so far in the green jersey, and really isn't the best 8 around.

Rumour has it that Saints number 8 Daniel Browne, who is Irish qualified somehow, has been taken note of by the Ireland selectors.

Not something you would expect to occur if Ireland already have the world's best 8 now, is it...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Why?

Leamy is a competant club player, and a journeyman international. He's put in a few shocking performances so far in the green jersey, and really isn't the best 8 around.

Rumour has it that Saints number 8 Daniel Browne, who is Irish qualified somehow, has been taken note of by the Ireland selectors.

Not something you would expect to occur if Ireland already have the world's best 8 now, is it...
[/b][/quote]

shockingly good i presume
just look at his try against England in the 6N name me another no8 who could do that

Latest posts