• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is everyone else p**sed off by this?

People have been migrating ever since the first Out of Africa Experience by the Homo Erectus millions of years ago (wilde guess here), name one period in time when peoples were not moving from one palce to another.

As a second generation Belgian, I don't think migration is a bad thing. People will always be complaining about foreigners, because they are afraid of what they don't know, and their fear is stopping them from getting to know other people's culture. It's too easy to say that only one group of people is stealing jobs, oggling girls, ...
You'll always have individuals treating their wife like ****, or being aggessive to passing women, but to say that that is true for an entire group is wrong.

It's wrong to accept certain things from a culture, things that you think are useful, handy or enjoyable, and look down on the people that helped to bring them to you, I'm thinking foreign food, clothes 'made in China', or a way of writing numbers.

Finally, some governments are being big hypocrits, now trying to stop people from migrating, but inviting the same people over decades ago, to work crappy jobs no one wanted (like working in coal mines) or make people from other countries they 'colonized' fight as canon meat in their wars, which is what happened to a lot of morrocan men who died fighting for France in the First World War

What about those who refuse to assimilate and hold lots of ill will towards the people who inhabit the nation?

I mean, I even went to a high school where Australian born Italians (most who has never even been to Italy) conducting a constant campaign of hate against us 'Skippies' as they called us Australians. Migration is all well and good but if the community brings violence should there not be some kind of restraints?

Multiculturalism is all well and good but look how well other cultures get along as nations, the more diverse a country becomes the more friction that can occur because of various prejudices etc.

Latest posts