Is Rugby League 2 on PC any good?

The_Wol

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Reds
Is NRL Rugby League 2 on the PC any good?

Not really,
I didn't enjoy it anyway. Very clunky/not fluid, and a lot of the time it just feels like you're watching an animation rather than controlling the players (especially at the play the ball, you have no control over the player for the first few steps, same with scrums)
Its got all of the licenses, and an alright team/player creater, and the Franchise mode is good, but the actual gameplay is fairly poor

I think its poor too. It just plays terribly. I picked it up for 9.99 new (NZ dollars) and I would say I got ten bucks worth of fun, but just like in RL3 the game fails on the higher difficluty levels.

Instead of have having any reasonable AI the computer just goes mental with offloads and cutoutballs that travel 3-4 the width of the field. Also, the AI gets super human speed and you will see your fastest back getting run down by the
slowest forward.

The game is deceptively fun on the lower difficulties but ultimatley fails.

I did have some fun making some custom jerseys in photoshop and dropping them in, but nothing can save this game in
the end.

Alright thanks, I just find Rugby 08 and 06 too easy these days, so I figured a game where the other team gets the ball occasionally might be cool :p

The AI cannot score tries in RL2 they just throw the ball around like maniacs until knock it on or it gets untercepted. If they get a runnaway try, they just suddenly throw the ball 10m back over their head, even if they are in the clear.

If you want a challenging Rugby game then RL1 on PC is good for it. If you can find it anywhwere.

I'll try and find it somewhere Game Traders usually have those games.

Time hasn't treated RL2 well at all. I still prefer to play RL1 despite it being way buggier and glitchier because its just better and funner to play for some reason.

The PC version is the best I'd say. There are a number of patches and updates you can download as well. Some have better settings which make for better games.

I got a copy of it from Game Traders, it's pretty good, pretty clunky as well though :(, I updated the rosters to 2009 and added myself and a few mates to the Warriors. not to bad of a game though.

Yeah RL2, they are getting in a Copy of RL1 for me as well :)

I was probably the most diehard fan of rl2 on this forum but even then there were times when I agreed the game did fail in a lot of areas. as mentioned they are quite a few mods for rl2 on pc it can't fix the game's core but they do at least bring it up to date and make it a bit more enjoyable to play.

Latest posts