• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is there a controll config mod?

Nah there isn't unfortunately the best way to go is to get a gamepad even than it can still be a little confusing with the buttons because you can't separate the set plays from the direction buttons.

you should try using xpadder to emulate the keyboard with a game controller. That way you can set up the controls exactly the same as the ps2 version. PM me your email address and I can send you my config file if you want.

hey mate how do I config this?
I configurated it, but my rugby 08 controllers are the same
nothing changed

btw is there anyway to make the D-pad the on-the-fly plays?

Here's my configuration for xpadder on my Ps2 controller and it should work perfectly except for the right analogue's a bit different. Good luck and happy gaming :)

left analogue=directional buttons
L3=left ctrl
right analogue left=left shift & Q
right analogue right=left shift & E
right analogue up=left shift & W
right analogue down= left shift & S
R3=Alt
select=Enter
start=Esc
square=Q
triangle=W
circle=E
X=S
L1=A
R1=D
L2=left shift
R2=space bar

Ok I just realised you gota xbox controller unfortunately I won't be able to help you on that one but maybe someone else might already have theirs configured to xpadder and if you ask they might send it to you.

is there a mod that allows you to change the controller configuration? [/b]

Get Joy2Key which will let you map keyboard buttons to your gamepad. Then you can select the keyboard and set whatever controller configuration you want.

ive tried to use both xpadder and joy2key(havent found out the exact button config for the conroller yet with joy2key) and niether work, im using a wireless xbox 360 controller with the reciever and it doesnt work, any ideas?

Does anyone know the purpose of the \EA SPORTS(TM) Rugby 08\Data\controltypes.csv file, it shows a list of controllers with the button allocation for square, circle, triangle etc. and I read on a fifa 06 forum that the person could change his button allocation.

My controller layout is not right for the game layout and as you all know you cannot change the button configuration easily! :mad:

I want to configure Xpadder FTP with my Xbox360. Can anyone help me configure the setup file? I was download xpadder from the official xpadder. I am not getting xpadder official forum.

Here's my configuration for xpadder on my Ps2 controller and it should work perfectly except for the right analogue's a bit different. Good luck and happy gaming :)

left analogue=directional buttons
L3=left ctrl
right analogue left=left shift & Q
right analogue right=left shift & E
right analogue up=left shift & W
right analogue down= left shift & S
R3=Alt
select=Enter
start=Esc
square=Q
triangle=W
circle=E
X=S
L1=A
R1=D
L2=left shift
R2=space bar

Appreciate this was 14 years ago now but.....

Where did you change these settings in Xpadder? I'm having no luck getting any buttons other than Start to configure correctly in game

Latest posts