• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is too late to return to rugby?

lospumas

Academy Player
Hello, I did rugby for 1 year (14-15) and now I'm 16 and I want to go back to training, can I get to a good level? The club I go to is in the third division of the urba (Argentina)

Here is some inspiration for you. My favourite is that former french captain Dusautoir didn't play until he was 16!

It seems no matter the position you play, you have a chance of developing at a later age.

ok, next year I will be able to start again, give me some tips to improve
Get your basic fitness back up, grab a friend and hit the tackle bags, practise, practise practise on all the basic skills.

Im 34, I just started training again after 18 years - never to late to play the game.

Get your basic fitness back up, grab a friend and hit the tackle bags, practise, practise practise on all the basic skills.

Im 34, I just started training again after 18 years - never to late to play the game.
I'm 47, I started up again 4 years ago, after 20-odd years out.
It's only walking rugby, for the purposes of injury prevention (and that my club doesn't actually play touch). With the walking rugby, I'm not quite the youngest, whilst our oldest is well into his 80s.

Latest posts