• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy's chances

yeah, Italy have got a really good chance of a quarter final place this year. All depends where the Scotland game is though. If it's in Murrayfield, they're gonna have to pull off a similar performance (i.e. a few early scores) to beat them. But if it's in France, then they have a very good chance.

I`D stand a better chance to have a lovely morning with Charlize or Catherine Zeta rather you meke the pools!

Italy do have a good chance this year, especially with the state Scotland are in right now. If Italy beat Scotland in their pool match, Itally will make the last eight.

I don't think Scotland will gift Italy a howler like the one in the Six Nations but Italy can and will match Scotland for grunt and pace. If Scotland want to go for the hard yards, fine, Italy will probably deal them back ten times what Scotland deal to them.

Its going to be tough for Scotland in their pool.

Scootland have shown a bit of vintage form in the last two 6Ns - when they're all over the opposition like a rash, disrupting patterns, and score tries through some slinky backrow interchanges. But then they get crushed in the next match and it's all doom and gloom.

They could take Italy by running rings around a muscle-bound pack. And maybe they'll do a bit of a sword dance against the AB's haka.

If they get the lineout right - and I wouldn't bet against that - it may turn out interesting. But in the end, they don't deserve it, because none of their supporters post here.

They could take Italy by running rings around a muscle-bound pack. And maybe they'll do a bit of a sword dance against the AB's haka. [/b]

They already tried that against Italy, remember? Heck, even Wales tried it but in the end, like Scotland, they just got bogged down. Only France & Ireland managed to make it stick and they've both got highly talented back lines who can be trusted with the ball. Fair enough Scotland panicked and started playing against the scoreboard (Italy were 21 points in front at the time) and went for the corners but Italy kept them at bay for most of the match and deserved their win.

The idea that you can simply run around Italy doesn't really hold that much water, you can only really do that when you're really in form and at your best with a high quality and highly mobile side (like Ireland or France against Italy in the Six nations just gone) if you're not, more likely than not, you'll be dragged into a grueling forward orientated battle.

<div class='quotemain'> They could take Italy by running rings around a muscle-bound pack. And maybe they'll do a bit of a sword dance against the AB's haka. [/b]

They already tried that against Italy, remember? Heck, even Wales tried it but in the end, like Scotland, they just got bogged down. Only France & Ireland managed to make it stick and they've both got highly talented back lines who can be trusted with the ball. Fair enough Scotland panicked and started playing against the scoreboard (Italy were 21 points in front at the time) and went for the corners but Italy kept them at bay for most of the match and deserved their win.

The idea that you can simply run around Italy doesn't really hold that much water, you can only really do that when you're really in form and at your best with a high quality and highly mobile side (like Ireland or France against Italy in the Six nations just gone) if you're not, more likely than not, you'll be dragged into a grueling forward orientated battle.
[/b][/quote]

I hear that scotland are going to put their B team up again NZ and focus on italy, i dont blame them cos italy are going to kick some ass in this world cup. i got my ticket to the portugal match

After the Scots match against Ireland I dunno if Italy will be able to take them. Scotland really dug it out. Everything always conspires against the Italians.

Don't you think that Italians with argentinians are the new representative of the french flair in today's rugby. When I watch italians play I see the frecnh squad before Laporte became the head coach. They make plenty of stupid fouls, are not concentrated for 80 minutes, but when thay start playing their game they are unstopable.

Don't you think that Italians with argentinians are the new representative of the french flair in today's rugby. When I watch italians play I see the frecnh squad before Laporte became the head coach. They make plenty of stupid fouls, are not concentrated for 80 minutes, but when thay start playing their game they are unstopable. [/b]

Not quite. Maybe alike the France of the Fouroux era.

Hi guys, Italy will have some chances but I am quite disappointed after the match vs Japan!
We still need a poor performance of the scottish the 29th of September and that's is not impossible