• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"It's Playoff Time" - discussion thread

I am picking leeds, but i didn't even know the finals of the superleague were on and i don't get to see any of the super leage so that sux.

also just a question about the writing style, is it possible not to use us and them? to you it may make sense but us i had to keep reminding myself it was St Helens not like the team that i support (and i was in league mode and every time i read us i was going eels, no damn st helens thats right which made it hard to read)

just my 2 cents otherwise very very good article
<

entertaining read SHRLFC..........points on for including my name....
<

Some random thoughts..........(have seen more super league this season then ever before).

For the Auckland Warriors Logan Swann was badly underated - hence his (and the warriors) demise since............need one of his type of player in every team.

I agree with your findings up to the Leeds/St Helens game - I think Leeds will win this setting up a Warrington/St Helens sudden death game which St Helens will squeak a win in, but that win will take its toll against a well rested Leeds team - LEEDS to take the ***le.

Johns is injury prone, if he does get injured Warrington are stuffed........

butter is better than margarine...........

Originally posted by woosaah+Sep 19 2005, 09:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Sep 19 2005, 09:49 PM)</div>
also just a question about the writing style, is it possible not to use us and them?[/b]
I could if I wanted to, but this was just a demonstration of how I would do IMO. I've been doing a degree in Journalism so I suppose I'm sort of stuck in that mindset mate.

<!--QuoteBegin-NZLFan

but that win will take its toll against a well rested Leeds team - LEEDS to take the ***le.

I honestly think Leeds will miss out on the Grand Final. I think Bradford would steam roller all over them at this moment in time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
All I will do is check it for spelling mistakes and grammar, before putting it up.[/b]

Liar liar liar Mr "I can't spell Keiron".

I must say whoever proofread your article has done a superb job, it's perfect
<

Can I write an article on lack of seating? Do you have space? I hope no one's on dial-up.

Thank you. If you want to write an article about seating, write an article about seating.

(MRS SHRLFC - chief proof reader. Not me. Thought I would get away with it. Obviously not.)

You can, you just don't think you can. You casting your scathing eye over the Super League would be amusing, especially as you've seen all the contenders in action this season as well.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Sep 20 2005, 08:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 20 2005, 08:03 PM)</div>
Originally posted by woosaah@Sep 19 2005, 09:49 PM

also just a question about the writing style, is it possible not to use us and them?
I could if I wanted to, but this was just a demonstration of how I would do IMO. I've been doing a degree in Journalism so I suppose I'm sort of stuck in that mindset mate.

<!--QuoteBegin-NZLFan
but that win will take its toll against a well rested Leeds team - LEEDS to take the ***le.

I honestly think Leeds will miss out on the Grand Final. I think Bradford would steam roller all over them at this moment in time. [/b]
Though it hasn't exactly panned out as I thought, I still think we are on track for my predicted final - St Helens vrs Leeds - with Leeds to take the ***le........

Bradford are looking good, but Hull were horrible in the weekend.........

I honestly think Saints will miss out on the final now. Too many injuries in all the key places. We can now add Jason Hooper to the list of Paul Sculthorpe, Sean Long and Darren Albert, as well as Mark Edmondson, I don't see where a win is coming from anymore.

Jamie Lyon can't do it all by himself, though he gave it his best shot for 15 glorious minutes on friday.

Latest posts