• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jake White interested in Bok job

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ys-he-wants-boks-job-back-20111011-1li0n.html

Seems like White will be applying while Eddie Jones also seems interested and PdV has backtracked a bit on declaring his retirement though he seems to be saying he will be leaving at the end of the year.

Yeah, but the only reason he did that was because of money... if he Retired immediately, he wouldn't get paid till the end of the year and will only get paid until he officially hands over his retirement letter to SARU.

So by not retiring with immediate effect, he gets a monthly salary until December 2011, without doing anything as there is no more tests this year.

I think Jake has some wishful thinking going on... how can we appoint him if he hasn't been actively coaching the last 4 years? he only now started again with the Brumbies... and will his comments he made in his book come back to haunt him??

Yeah I agree. At least with Heynecke Meyer he has been around with Bulls even if not officially coaching. Also, White's book and he has been making some pretty unclassy statements WRT PdV. LOL, me too but I wouldn't if I were in his public position. Though I will be ever greatful that he and Jones helped to get the victory in 2007 I would be very upset if either got it. Jones has a horrible record at the Wallabies.

Yeah I wouldn't like any of those to get the job either. We need a coach who won't take shite and doesn't care about "past-class" and reputation.