• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

James Hook=Massively Overrated

He can be a cracking fly-half, just needs gametime there, and a different enviroment in France will help him mature a bit. Did always like him as a centre though, just the decision to play him as a fullback still magneticly draws my face to my palm...

Always wondered why he was so highly rated. He's good but he's never been a world beater in my eyes. Williams is a far better player. And Jenkins is a far far far better player. But for some reason the Welsh don't give him as much praise as a lot of his inferior Welsh teammates.

Always wondered why he was so highly rated. He's good but he's never been a world beater in my eyes. Williams is a far better player. And Jenkins is a far far far better player. But for some reason the Welsh don't give him as much praise as a lot of his inferior Welsh teammates.

Really? Majority of this Welsh on this forum cant say enough about how much we need Gethin Jenkins! His work rate and fitness are simply phenominal for a prop! I read somewhere that when they run fitness tests in the Welsh squads he's usually the same as if not better than the majority back rowers. You could really see how we missed him this 6 Nations, Paul James is a similar strength scrummager, but his work in the loose is nowhere near that of Gethin. Then again I guess people do have a habit of forgetting the grunt work of the forwards, though Melon certainly does do it in a flashier kind of way...think charging down flyhalves for tries and chasing down All Black wingers...

I remember when there were a couple of Welsh fans trying to argue he was better then Carter...

Roflcopter.

Latest posts