• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japanese TOP LEAGUE

P

Prestwick

Been surfing and theres a great (if indecipherable) site called the JRFU Members Clup which has clips to highlights of all the current Top League games. Think of it as like the RFU's aborted "RFU TV" experiment...only its free and crap rather than £10 a month and crap.

http://www.jrfu-members.com/open/movie/index.html

Anyway you MUST have:

Windows
Internet Explorer 6 or above

From that point on its a case of randomly clicking (I think its asking you to state your sex, age and location in Japan) before it'll give you the Japanese rugby humour!

Watching it so far, I can see why its such a chushy place for those SH guys who want to spend a quiet few years like Stephen Larkham or just plain lazy and useless like Jaco van der Westhuizen. You're big and everyone else is half your size. On the down side, those small chaps are about twice as fast as you'll ever be so expect half of the Imperial Army clinging to your legs as you stride for another 50m try. Add onto that the fact that the season only lasts for about three or four months and the huge pay packet you get plus all the corporate perks you get from being an employee of Ricoh (like Stephen Larkham is now, tch, they always said the rat race would catch up with him) or whatever corporation you're playing for there and you have quite frankly the most attractive proposition for any rugby player anywhere.

Guarantee you Carlos Spencer will go there, and not because he wants to play amazing rugby. Probably so he can be a lazy twat, insult all the Japanese happy in the knowledge that none of them understand English, and generally lord it over the place like his own personal kingdom. King Carlos I of Kansai!

Also, some of the grounds frankly disturb me. The Suntory Sungoliath's ground is basically big rugby pitch shaped pile of dirt. If there was grass there once it has died ages ago!

The action is good and there are loads of tries from half a mile away. By the looks of it, the coaches don't do allot apart from sit there and look bored despite all the awesome tries going in all over the place.

Also the TOP LEAGUES' slogan for this year is:

FOR ALL!

I love the names of the teams. Advertising and private ownership at its glorious best.

Thanks for the link.

I think the best name so far has been the MITSUBISHI DYNOBOARS!!! Epic names! Also I'd love to be in a team called the WILD KNIGHTS!!

By the looks of it, the coaches don't do allot apart from sit there and look bored despite all the awesome tries going in all over the place.[/b]

Thats because the coaches told them to play a kicking and forwards game, and play for position... NOT RUN THE BALL!!!

<div class='quotemain'>By the looks of it, the coaches don't do allot apart from sit there and look bored despite all the awesome tries going in all over the place.[/b]

Thats because the coaches told them to play a kicking and forwards game, and play for position... NOT RUN THE BALL!!!
[/b][/quote]

MEN AFTER MY OWN HEART!!!

Haha funny thing is I could have read most of that having studied Japanese at school!
Couldn't do it now though...

Latest posts