Jean Marcelin Butin

groga

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
France
Hey guys,

Just like to get some opinions from other posters, who get to watch a lot more Top 14 then I do. I have watched Butin a few times and every time he plays its exciting! some real X factor. I personally see him as one of the most exciting young fullbacks/Utility in France. However I understand that ASM Clermont Auvergne has that welsh fullback which they prefer. So I am wondering would it be better for his development to get a transfer somewhere else? How do you guys rate his talent?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Much appretiated from Australia

[h=3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASM_Clermont_Auvergne[/h]

He's very good, but stilll very young. I think he can learn a lot at Clermont, where he's still getting gamtime.

Lee Byrne is the welsh fullback, signed on a 3 year deal by Clermont but he is 31 so I expect Buttin will replace him over time whilst acting as a mentor.

Looks a great prospect!

Byrne was a pointless signing in all honesty, true he has been decent, but Buttin is much better and should be first choice not Byrne, whilst Floch is also a homegrown player and is quite good and it would be sad for Clermont to lose a homegrown talent who has been at Clermont his entire career just for an okay foreigner to top up his bank account for a couple of seasons

Latest posts