• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jerry Collins shock move to Barnstaple second XV!

its weird, but he doesnt really stand out in the team picture..

and yea.. hes a class act

Ever since Jerry played for the All Blacks even today he refused to get a free car from there All Black sponsors FORD . I believe Jerry is the only player over the professional era who's refused a car...

Jerry Collins believes you should give and not take

Ever since Jerry played for the All Blacks even today he refused to get a free car from there All Black sponsors FORD . I believe Jerry is the only player over the professional era who's refused a car...

Jerry Collins believes you should give and not take
[/b]

hmm.. sounds like something his spokesperson would say lol

A truly humble and unassuming man. Still lives in his child hood home in the Mongrel Mob ridden area of Porirua although he is a top earning All Black. Absolute legend who just loves playing Rugby, he's an example to all those poncy poofball *****.

what a great guy, playing rugby for the love of it. would make a good AB captain i rekon

what a great guy, playing rugby for the love of it. would make a good AB captain i rekon
[/b]

Yeah, ever since that 2005 England test at Twickenham I've always believed he would be our best choice for captain, just the way he leads by example and his authoritative presence. The guy's a true legend here, and as much as I like McCaw, Jerry should step up next year.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Yeah, ever since that 2005 England test at Twickenham I've always believed he would be our best choice for captain, just the way he leads by example and his authoritative presence. The guy's a true legend here, and as much as I like McCaw, Jerry should step up next year. [/b][/quote]

Those lucky players! Now they can say they had played with a current international All Black. The opposition can say they played against one!

One guys afternoon gesture can set the highlight of a lifetime for others rugby experience.

Agreed, he used to be someone I didn't really respect although he's matured into somewhat an everyday mans ultimate offensive and defensive rugby player!

ucollins.jpg

Jerry Collins is a Top Man, and I will neg rep anyone who says otherwise...unless it's some ridiculous Chabal-esque thing we have going on. The world needs more genuinely great people like this. Well done, Jerry. Good on ya!

Jerry is one of the all round greats of world rugby, this just shows what a top guy he is. :cheers:

Well that would of been an experience which would be matched by none for the club and the Newton Abbot who they played... Just think what they would of said when they went home to the wife or Girlfriend, smelling of alcohol, you just wouldn't believe it... Gonna make some great clubhouse stories..

Top Top Bloke, you would never get a football of that calibre do that cos they could get injured, just shows yet another difference between football and rugby

probably the best story i've read all year, i couldn't help but laugh. champion effort there.

Why on earth would someone laugh at that??

I think id more less laugh at your user name

Moderator Prestwick says:

Burned.jpg

Yes His family are very dedicated Rugby players his dad still plays rugby for his club at 53, not golden oldies either! He also used to help out his local league team after his rugby, which he was hounded by a few NRL clubs for him to sign and play professional league in the NRL
Even as a school boy playing in the local competition he had a reputation as a good guy.
On a side note, you may not find many people more polite them him, he oftern calls people Mr .... or Mrs ...., and isnt to tough to hold open a door for a lady im told

I've never met Jerry but i see him around Porirua. I mostly see him at the local gym but i have seen at the shopping centre and even playing b ball with the locals. He seems like a nice dude some of my relatives hang out with him. I do wanna ask for his autograph and talk to him but i figure that he gets that a lot of that so I let him be.

Yes His family are very dedicated Rugby players his dad still plays rugby for his club at 53, not golden oldies either! He also used to help out his local league team after his rugby, which he was hounded by a few NRL clubs for him to sign and play professional league in the NRL
Even as a school boy playing in the local competition he had a reputation as a good guy.
On a side note, you may not find many people more polite them him, he oftern calls people Mr .... or Mrs ...., and isnt to tough to hold open a door for a lady im told
[/b]

good lord. THIS is rugby. It isnt a bloody ruffians sport. Its a gentlemen's sport played by gentlemen!

Latest posts