• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Joe Marler

j-dawg

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
Very excited about the potentiol this boy has shown. I would be much more excited if he was in the EPS in the 6 nations. Lets all hope hes in the squad for the world cup and warm up matches after some saxon experience.

I rate JM highly but think he has a way to go before he gets into the full squad, starting him in the saxons as they done seems the best bet and see how he goes from there

Marler won't feature and we sadly all know it. But next year, I think he'll be really in the reckoning and then things'll get fun.

I also want to see Corbs at the Not-Nots get a go.

Can't wait to see him demolish Buckley for the Saxons :p
Shame he's not involved, but:
a) He's a prop
b) Props last to their mid-30s (injuries aside)
c) Marler is barely 20

He's got, potentially, 3 world cups in him (24, 28, 32) - He's only going to get better, and I can't wait to see him in an England shirt
I expect him to be involved in the "rebuild" after the WC (when Tim Payne and Sheridan are put out to pasture)
Him, Hartley and Cole are going to make a f***ing aggressive front row

Cole is the sort of bloke who'd get punched in the nose 4 times, grin evilly at the guy who hit him then continue smiling as he turns him inside out at the next opportunity. Tom Smith-esq.

A real nasty, but law abiding, old-school prop. Shame there aren't more like him and less ponces with stupid haircuts.

agree about Cole he's very old school in that respect, him and Marler could be imense not so sure about Hartley though seems to have had a dip in form recently

You're joking? Hartley has been immense since the AI's! (Which admittedly is surprising considering the usual effect that Wells and Ford have on players' form).

Oh I agree he has played very well BUT I think he has more in him, i think if he lives up to his potential he could be an absolute great

So weve got a fairly young future front row, after Sheridan has his last hurrah and Tim payne fucks off somewhere else. Dan Cole - Old school destroyer, Dylan Hartley - energetic leader, Joe Marler - (potentially) Ultimate Modern prop with a questionable hair cut. The futures bright for us pommes lads, the futures bright.

That's not even mentioning Dave Wilson, Paul Doran-Jones, Matt Mullan & Lee Imiolek who are all 25 or under

We may have to invent a hybrid Rugby game where there are 4 props to a hooker just to fit in all these monsters.