• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Joe Schmidt set to replace Eddie Jones as Wallabies coach

Seems likely a horrible fit, whilst I rate Schmidt highly I don't think the level of structure and details is where Australia can or will excel. It might be enough to make them competitive again but can't see them challenging the top dozen like that.

Seems likely a horrible fit, whilst I rate Schmidt highly I don't think the level of structure and details is where Australia can or will excel. It might be enough to make them competitive again but can't see them challenging the top dozen like that.

Judging by his comments since being confirmed, he appears to have a fix-it agenda. Get them off the canvas and into some sort of shape to compete against the Lions, and then hopefully hand over to an Aussie coach at the end of his term before their home WC.

In that context, I think he's a brilliant pick up for them. Always been technically strong but since he returned home, reports out of the Blues and ABs were all really positive on his man mgmt. style so sounds like he's mellowed since his Irish days.

I'm gutted we've lost him from NZ. We have this national obsession with Scott Robertson and I think that cost us any chance of keeping Joe in some capacity. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they jagged one of the Bledisloe games this year. Wouldn't the first time he's sprung an ambush.

Judging by his comments since being confirmed, he appears to have a fix-it agenda. Get them off the canvas and into some sort of shape to compete against the Lions, and then hopefully hand over to an Aussie coach at the end of his term before their home WC.

In that context, I think he's a brilliant pick up for them. Always been technically strong but since he returned home, reports out of the Blues and ABs were all really positive on his man mgmt. style so sounds like he's mellowed since his Irish days.

I'm gutted we've lost him from NZ. We have this national obsession with Scott Robertson and I think that cost us any chance of keeping Joe in some capacity. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they jagged one of the Bledisloe games this year. Wouldn't the first time he's sprung an ambush.
Will be interesting to see, all I would say is he always excelled at game plans targeted at individual teams, that will be hard to do against the lions as there is no real analysis to go on before hand, if he can get some confidence it could really help, he can't exactly make them worse.

Latest posts