• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eddie Jones ‘Consultant’ Role

And what narrative is that? That it's a non-story because Wales wouldn't reveal anything of any importance to the club side and the things they did reveal would already be known by England?

The implication that even in this world of 'fine margins' England couldn't possibly learn anything from Wales (or even Ireland which I was shocked to read).

@TRF_Olyy i think we have found someone more deserving of your mantle :D.

The implication that even in this world of 'fine margins' England couldn't possibly learn anything from Wales (or even Ireland which I was shocked to read).

@TRF_Olyy i think we have found someone more deserving of your mantle :D.

Which I didn't say, I said the things Wales prides itself on and have built the majority of its success on are unlikely to be secret (fitness, discipline, high kicking %ages) and the things they are keeping secret they wouldn't reveal to a small club side in an informal training cooperation...

Which I didn't say, I said the things Wales prides itself on and have built the majority of its success on are unlikely to be secret (fitness, discipline, high kicking %ages) and the things they are keeping secret they wouldn't reveal to a small club side in an informal training cooperation...

... sorry RR, but I can't resist (& just in case you get shirty this is just me yanking your chain as opposed to being 'intentionally dense') but England's kicking %ages (I take it you mean kicking ball away as opposed to kicking goals) have sure gone up since good ole uncle Eddies... erm let's call them Japanese exchange students had a stint with the Wales boys.

... sorry RR, but I can't resist (& just in case you get shirty this is just me yanking your chain as opposed to being 'intentionally dense') but England's kicking %ages (I take it you mean kicking ball away as opposed to kicking goals) have sure gone up since good ole uncle Eddies... erm let's call them Japanese exchange students had a stint with the Wales boys.

It was goal kicking but England have always been a team that kicked the ball away a lot so that's hardly new.

It was goal kicking but England have always been a team that kicked the ball away a lot so that's hardly new.

Ah right, well as I've pointed out previously... it doesn't really surprise me that the majority of English fans see this as a nothing story... and regardless of 'how' my posts have been read/interpreted i haven't actually said anything untoward HAS happened... only that the optics are bad and that if a club had approached the RFU for a favour by spending valuable time in the England set up and it later came out that Gats had been employed by them for 20 years, there would be a little more than a few raised eye brows.

Anyways, between this and Stranger Things, it's passed the time on this Sunday very nicely.

Last edited:
Knowing how savvy the Wales camp is I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did know about the connection and invited them anyway as a way to spread some clever disinformation.

Knowing how savvy the Wales camp is I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did know about the connection and invited them anyway as a way to spread some clever disinformation.

:p

Latest posts