• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

John Woo's - Stranglehold

G

getofmeland

I haven't heard much on this game but downloaded the demo and found it highly enjoyable, could someone tell me whether it would be worth getting, has it had any decent reviews... Lets have the lowdown on it...

Awesome game I rented it really cool it has some awesome levels and they are really long. The second level it my favourite so far but it is really long. It uses the same slow down system as the matrix games and presion aiming it awesome. It is my favourite part of the game those kills are amazingly gorey

The game uses a heavily modified version of the massively popular (and realistic!!!) Unreal Engine 3.

I haven't played this yet Charlie, but I'm guessing you can destroy absolutely everything?!

The general consensus from all the major game reviews is that this game is pretty much the ultimate males game with good "bang-for-your-buck" and decent story line. However, it has been suggested its a tad bit repetitive and short in single player and the multiplayer mode is pretty average.

The average score is around 8/10

Cheers for that I may go and have a look at buying this, I have played the demo a couple of times and love Tequila Time... Plus the precession aim is fantastic... Some great graphics as well...

It does look like it could be quite fun. Alas, in between Bioshock and the imminent release of Halo 3 and Orochi Warriors, I have no funds left with which to buy anything else. Why publishers insist on releasing all their games at the same time I havent the foggiest...

Don't forget Guitar Hero 3 next month :p

I will be buying Stranglehold at some point, I also played the demo and found it awesome to play. It had a Max Payne feel to it, and I loved the Max Payne series.

Definently getting, as well as Halo 3, GH3, Rock Band next year. and PGR4 later on this year. I'm going to be broke as ****!

I will be buying Stranglehold at some point, I also played the demo and found it awesome to play. It had a Max Payne feel to it, and I loved the Max Payne series.

Definently getting, as well as Halo 3, GH3, Rock Band next year. and PGR4 later on this year. I'm going to be broke as ****!
[/b]

Where did you get the release date for GH III?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Where did you get the release date for GH III? [/b][/quote]
Just google it mate :) The release date is late October...the 28th I think.

Awesome game, but way too short/easy. Oh, and they screwed up the Online aspect of the game.

Latest posts