Jonah Lomu Joins Cardiff Blues

• Thread starter funksoulbrother
  • Start date
F

funksoulbrother

Jonah Lomu joins Cardiff Blues click here
click here

How cool is that?
Trev - make sure he is in the team in RC 2006.

seven months?

yea trev put him on only for seven months...then make him disappear!

can u make him like he was in JLR so nobody can stop him - by just tapping hand off :]

This is awesome news and he's been stolen from under the noses of the English clubs. He hasn't left NZ to retire - he wants to get match fit in the NZ off season so he can return rugby fit for the 2006 nz season. That guy is the very definition of determination

great stuff

the all black is a blue

gud point tho!..they had the jonah replica on wcr..and in rugby2005 they had the lomu name but no appearance

im hopin trev and ian..slip in his name,im sure they hav the fifteen lomus again..all he needs is a name

unless its to late

He might already be there in a super team or something, but it I'd be 99% sure it is too late to include him in the Cardiff team.

when does lomu arrive in cardiff, novemeber aint it, hell make his debut v london irish in the powergen cup.

hes in new zealand at the moment, he gets in wales in november sometime. and plays sometime early december.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 31 2005, 09:34 PM
hes in new zealand at the moment, he gets in wales in november sometime. and plays sometime early december.
Perhaps he came over with the all blacks!
<

A Q&A from Cardiff Blues website;

Posted 3/11/05

Blues fans responded in their droves to the opportunity to send Jonah a question before he arrives.

A select number of questions have been answered by Jonah, read the Questions and Answers below.

There’s been a huge amount of interest in you coming over, are you looking forward to it?
Yes I am, I’m really looking forward to getting there and to get a feel for the team and trying to fit in, it’ll take wee while, but they all speak the same language. â€" Rugby

Have you had any chance to see any of the Cardiff Blues games or Wales games over in New Zealand?
Yes we watched a lot of the Wales international but I’ve not seen as many Heineken Cup matches as I would have liked, but I’ve taken more notice to see how things are progressing.

What do you think of the standard of Welsh rugby at the moment?

Wales must be doing great if the Six Nations is anything to go by, it was great for Welsh rugby, I’ve always thought it’s been there and waiting to come out.

Why choose Wales and the Blues?

The process of dealing with them was simple and straightforward and I’ve always said when I’m in Wales it was at my second home, it’s always been great to me and you can’t get much more passionate than the Welsh fans. It’s ironic I started my professional career with the Auckland Blues and also the jersey colour of my school team so it’s almost deja vu. The deciding factors are the current guys and the innovative way they see the game flowing, I played against them and it’s a great priviledge to learn form them and get their perspective. As a player and coach rugby is a forever learning circle as life is in general

How’s your shoulder now? When do you think you’ll be playing your first game?

It’s good. I’m looking forward to playing and am sick of running around the training pitch and can’t wait to get going and get stuck in to things. I’m available from December 1st but will be training from when I get there.

Do you think it will be easier to settle with Xavier Rush there? Are you friends with him?
I’ve known Xavier for quite a while fortunate to play with him for the All Blacks.

He’s a good man to have around he’s a great team man. I’m looking forward to another opportunity to rub shoulders with him again.

How do you see the match Wales v New Zealand going?

Not being biased but I’d have to back New Zealand, being a true blue New Zealand supporter and always will be.

Have you had any contact with Cardiff fans and know how much interest there is?

Yes, we noticed on the emails we received and it’s been positive which was really great.

Final message for Cardiff Blues fans

I want to tell everyone at Cardiff Blues it’s a great privilege and honour for me to join the club, I’m looking forward to it and I hope to bring something to the team hope to be a great start kick start my career again.

Tickets go on sale for the Cardiff Blues versus Calvisano Heineken Cup gme on Monday 7th November at 9am. Call 029 20 30 20 30 or go to www.cardiffblues.com/tickets

good read...he sounds confident..he alwayz has but its lookin good

allblacks still out of the equasion

I hope he doesn't get injured again. If he remains fit, I doubt it that he would make it back to the NZ again, unless they put him in at No.8.

The game has moved on since his hayday. While he was a devastating finisher, I am happy to stand up and say that other aspects of his game were never that good. I don't think that even a fully fit Jonah wuld get into the current AB Setup.

Latest posts