• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jonah Lomu

i posted a topic (on General)) on Lomu's home debut and i have to say that it was some what of an anticlimax, he lacked in speed and that craving for tries that he had years ago. Okay okay he's had a major life-threatening disease but a bit of common sense tells me that Lomu could have delayed his return to the stage so that he can once again marvel the spectators

I think Lomu just needs more games. He's had practice, all he needs is to feel comfortable in a stadium again being watched by thousands of people.

The only way to get Match fit is to play more games, He should be eased back into the game though, Like John Hart did in '99.

lomu still made some beatie tackles that would make even habana proud, and it still took a few players to tackle him - the blues need to create space for lomu - because thats when hes at his best, at the moment hes got to come inside looking for work - i think this was a better game for lomu - he seems to be improving every game

Creating space for any winger is when you catch him at his best, Cardiff I'm sure knows how to do that, but right now what's going is people are so focused on Lomu that they're shutting him down but opening gaps all over the place. I'm sure Calvisano realizes that now.

As Lora said, Lomu made some great tackles and he still has the strength to run through people. He is not quite back to his full game, but he will improve over the next few months and we should see him back again.

He probably won't ever be as good as we once was, but he might get pretty close!

Coco

Some Pics of Jonah Lomu during his games
srcard16.jpg

r1812187377.jpg

capt.bre10212101617.italy_rugby__bre102.jpg

But he would have probably been rested for this game anyway, at least they're saying it's only a minor injury, so far.

Originally posted by Coco@Dec 18 2005, 06:45 PM
As Lora said, Lomu made some great tackles and he still has the strength to run through people. He is not quite back to his full game, but he will improve over the next few months and we should see him back again.

He probably won't ever be as good as we once was, but he might get pretty close!

Coco
That's new! Lomu doing great tackles... He has never been a good defender.

Originally posted by DonBilly+Dec 24 2005, 01:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Dec 24 2005, 01:12 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Coco
@Dec 18 2005, 06:45 PM

Coco
That's new! Lomu doing great tackles... He has never been a good defender. [/b]
which is really funny especially for a man of his size you'd think he'd love to kill people with his frame
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 28 2005, 05:53 AM
JONAH LOMU, SCORED A TRY AND WAS MAN OF THE MATCH
He done well but never deserved man of the match. I would of picked Rush or Powell as my man of the match.

was there any tv coverage of this game because we have the rugby channel here and it plays most of the nh games

Was live on Setanta and S4C methinks.

But don't they show the games weeks after?

Latest posts