• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jonah Lomu

Originally posted by gjohn85+Dec 28 2005, 06:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Dec 28 2005, 06:00 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Dec 28 2005, 05:53 AM
JONAH LOMU, SCORED A TRY AND WAS MAN OF THE MATCH
He done well but never deserved man of the match. I would of picked Rush or Powell as my man of the match. [/b]
Rhys Thomas got man of the match at the stadium

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
ne vids of that try ???[/b]

The ball was passed out to him on the left wing with no defender in front of him about 10 metres out.

S4C only gave him man of the match so they could talk to him.

And he got handed off at the end by a prop.

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Dec 29 2005, 07:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
ne vids of that try ???

The ball was passed out to him on the left wing with no defender in front of him about 10 metres out.

S4C only gave him man of the match so they could talk to him.

And he got handed off at the end by a prop. [/b][/quote]
<
...so how many minutes did it take for him to cross that 10 metres???

well at the time he touched the ball..and saw space in front..which was 10metres..the media team covering the game rushed down to see him score..at the same time they were able to question him while he was "running"...so they did the interview while he was runnin to score thus giving him man of the match for his time and his effort

the exact time wud be....3minutes 89seconds

hahahhaha..gud on u jonah!...

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Dec 29 2005, 01:44 PM
well at the time he touched the ball..and saw space in front..which was 10metres..the media team covering the game rushed down to see him score..at the same time they were able to question him while he was "running"...so they did the interview while he was runnin to score thus giving him man of the match for his time and his effort

the exact time wud be....3minutes 89seconds

hahahhaha..gud on u jonah!...
Was there a trainer every 2 metres holding out a water bottle???...spiked with speed????

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 1 2006, 11:55 PM
<
<

come on guys have a bit more faith
Yeah, guys have some faith, Dai young had to carry him over the try line.

Originally posted by gjohn85+Jan 2 2006, 01:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Jan 2 2006, 01:33 AM)</div>
@Jan 1 2006, 11:55 PM
<

<

come on guys have a bit more faith
Yeah, guys have some faith, Dai young had to carry him over the try line. [/b]
Leave my Cousin Dai out of this. Jonah is a great asset to the club! Shame about the incident down at Stradey park though
<

Originally posted by ScumV@Jan 4 2006, 12:46 PM
Leave my Cousin Dai out of this. Jonah is a great asset to the club! Shame about the incident down at Stradey park though
<
What incident?

Also, any udates as far as video of him scoring on that try?

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 8 2006, 11:02 PM
an idiot of a fan abused him.
A football fan nonetheless, who has been banned in that sport aswell. Some people are just born *****.

Originally posted by harrison2468+Jan 9 2006, 11:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Jan 9 2006, 11:11 AM)</div>
@Jan 8 2006, 11:02 PM
an idiot of a fan abused him.
A football fan nonetheless, who has been banned in that sport aswell. Some people are just born *****. [/b]
here, here.

I can't believe there are men who go out & deliberately cause trouble.

yeah its disgusting - i cnt belive the idiot tried to front up to lomu - what a clown.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Harsh reviews for Lomu in latest game
16 January 2006 

British media gave Jonah Lomu his harshest review yet yesterday as the All Blacks legend again stated his confidence of playing at next year's rugby World Cup.

Lomu's Cardiff side lost 3-21 at home to French side Perpignan in the Heineken Cup, and media reports were far from flattering.

"In this sixth match of his wholly remarkable comeback, Lomu perhaps knew the fear of failure for the first time," Hugh Godwin wrote in the Independent On Sunday.

Godwin cast doubt over Lomu's ability to fulfil an NPC season with North Harbour this year as he struggled through the match.

"Lomu has the familiar strut and rooster's nodding head but only a couple of initial thrusts as first and second receiver gave any hint of the monstrous attacking talent of old," Godwin wrote.

"From later phases the lunging step with the knee held high bore the menace of a hoodie being mugged by a grandmother.

"The last quarter was almost embarrassing. Lomu received a horror of a grasscutter pass, did an undignified and ungainly version of the splits and presented possession to Perpignan in the process.

AdvertisementAdvertisement"His next contribution was to field a high kick from Nicolas Laharrague, the visitors' fly-half and principal destroyer with the boot.

"Lomu rocked on his heels and the ball rolled forward from his clumsy grasp. It led directly to Perpignan's second try and the conclusion of a comprehensive defeat."

Speaking after the match, Lomu was undeterred and said he was confident of becoming an All Black again.

"I reckon I can (do it)," Lomu said.

"There is no doubt in my mind. I feel I'm getting better each week. I'm taking it step by step, and I feel I'm getting in the right direction.

"For me, there is just a lack of games. I have not played many games so far."

Lomu is due to remain in Wales with his wife Fiona until May before returning home to train with North Harbour.

But Godwin said Cardiff may already be having second thoughts about their big signing which saw crowds flock back to Cardiff Arms Park.

"The novelty value which prompted Cardiff to stump up a modest retainer and £3000 ($NZ7722) per appearance when Munster among others decided not to dabble may be wearing off."[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3541203a1823,00.html

so he had a bad game in the weekend?

thats extremely harsh - the whole team was **** - in fact IMO it was only lomu who offered anything in attack for the blues - he made on good break and looked pretty dangerous - he is getting better every game.

That article seemed a load of shite. Nothing but Rubbish it looks like. The whole team played shite it looks like.

the game was a huge step up in level for Lomu, he's not come up against any of the decent teams in the Celtic League, with the one exception in Llanelli, certainly none of the Irish provinces or Edinburgh as far as I'm aware, Cardiff have previously only played against Calvisano since Lomu's arrival so Perpignan in the HEC is a big step up, so it's perfectly understandable that he's not firing on full cylinders yet. Still far too early to be getting on his back.

Latest posts