• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jonah Lomu

I'd hope he'd be easy to make. A winger's speed stats with extremely high strength stats. A lock's build, dark samoan skin, no hair, a mo. Should almost be there.

Although, I don't think he'll be in there already.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 15 2005, 10:19 PM
winger's speed stats with extremely high strength stats. A lock's build, dark samoan skin, no hair, a mo.
Last I heard he was still a Tongan, with some Maori in him courtesy of a new kidney.

Originally posted by reyalpevlewtrepus+Feb 16 2005, 12:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reyalpevlewtrepus @ Feb 16 2005, 12:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Feb 15 2005, 10:19 PM
winger's speed stats with extremely high strength stats. A lock's build, dark samoan skin, no hair, a mo.
Last I heard he was still a Tongan, with some Maori in him courtesy of a new kidney. [/b]
How is Jonah now?

Originally posted by richllew@Feb 15 2005, 10:13 PM
Is Jonah Lomu in the game or would he be easy to make?
He's not in there, but his commentary name is!

Do you think there would be stats good enough for his break tackles.

(if you put break tackles on 100 are they really hard to stop one on one or do the defence still tackle

Originally posted by richllew@Feb 16 2005, 02:58 AM

(if you put break tackles on 100 are they really hard to stop one on one or do the defence still tackle
I'd imagine if it's anything like it's previous installments, that even 100 would be a bit high for a realistic human player.

I'd say you can create Lomu, and give him a 94 or 95 and he'd still be rolling over people.

However, that being said, if when the game comes out and there are players in it rated at or nearer to 100, then by all means make Lomu 100 himself.
<

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 16 2005, 04:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Feb 16 2005, 04:00 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-richllew
@Feb 16 2005, 02:58 AM

I'd imagine if it's anything like it's previous installments, that even 100 would be a bit high for a realistic human player.

I'd say you can create Lomu, and give him a 94 or 95 and he'd still be rolling over people.

However, that being said, if when the game comes out and there are players in it rated at or nearer to 100, then by all means make Lomu 100 himself.
<
[/b]
Unless you create him when he was at the height of his sickness and he could barely walk let alone run.

Then I'd suggest moving all his running and breaking tackle stats down to his kicking ability stats: about a 6 out of 100.

Originally posted by richllew@Feb 15 2005, 08:01 PM
Not funny
<
That's where you're wrong. El Capitan is always funny. You've just taken it the wrong way.

Originally posted by richllew@Feb 15 2005, 08:09 PM
Well explain it to me
You seem insulted by it for some reason, when the comment is supposed to be taken completely tongue in cheek.

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 16 2005, 03:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Feb 16 2005, 03:21 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-richllew
@Feb 15 2005, 10:13 PM
He's not in there, but his commentary name is! [/b]
Well that was very thoughtful. I'm impressed.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Feb 16 2005, 07:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Feb 16 2005, 07:10 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-richllew
@Feb 15 2005, 08:09 PM
Well explain it to me
You seem insulted by it for some reason, when the comment is supposed to be taken completely tongue in cheek. [/b]
Anyhow.............

If you were to create Jonah at his peak his fend/strength/break tackle ability would be around 98%, and speed in the mid to early 90%s

However his tackling would be average (the odd time he did hit though would be a BIG hit), his acceleration slightly below most of the top wingers (remember coaches always said to put him down early before he could get his big legs pumping - shut down by SA in RWC 95 in this way), his catching/passing average, kicking virtually non existant, response average (he always was very slow to turn and react to kicks put behind him), agility average (not exactly Walter little was he??), intelligence not the greatest..........

Come to think of it I might create jeff Wilson at his rugby peak instead............
<

Originally posted by richllew@Feb 16 2005, 07:09 AM
Well explain it to me
Explaining things really goes against my ethos but for some odd reason I want you to know that I'm a big fan of the man-mountain myself and (in general) my comments are never acidic, only, slightly barbed (liked ribbed condoms).

So, why is it funny to contemplate creating Jonah when he's very sick:

It would be absurd.

It would be absurd in the same way that creating George Nepia would be absurd if you created him as he would be today (he was born in 1905, I think).

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 16 2005, 02:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Feb 16 2005, 02:21 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-richllew
@Feb 15 2005, 10:13 PM
He's not in there, but his commentary name is! [/b]
how good is that

lomu will be created and he will devastate!!!

"lomu..........down at the bottom!!!!"

"ooh look at him go, thats the speed of the man"

oh if only bill was saying it

How about the guys that have the game already, try and create Lomu for us, and post a picture of their attempt on this forum!

Perhaps have a little competition to see which one is the best!

Just to past the time you understand!

yea nice idead juss wanna see if they're actually gonna get out of their own time(playing rugby2005) to show us!....lol

I think Lomu will come across the tazmine to fill the wing for the brumbies because the Hurricans wouldn't give him a go.
<

What a team don't the brumbies have a good scouting team.
<

9. G.Gregan
10. S.Larkham
11. J.Lomu
12. M.Giteau
13. S.Mortlock
14. C.Rathbone
15. M.Gerrard

Latest posts