Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He should retire from rugby

• He should become a player / coach of a team

• Total voters
G

Gavin

There was a post on my previous topic "Leave Jonah Lomu Alone" suggesting that Lomu might get higher up in rugby teams and standards by playing in the back-row.. I would like everyone to do my poll and leave a comment or reason on why they chose this..

<div align="center">Why, in your estimation, would he do better in the back row? What position exactly?
lomu.gif
</div>

Oh i dont think that he should move to the back-row.. I believe his position is on the wing and that is where he made his name..
People were suggesting that perhaps he should move to play Number 8 because he still has a lot of strength but has lost some of his speed that made him famous.. And also he might be able to play in the Super 14 maybe even the All Blacks as Number 8..
But in my mind his position is on the wing and he should stay there..

A switch to the backrow is a bit farfetched, even for him. He simply doesnt have the workrate. I chose retirement.

I find player/coach to be a good position for him. Simply so much experience and respect.

A switch to the backrow is a bit farfetched, even for him. He simply doesnt have the workrate. I chose retirement. [/b]

agree with everything bar the retirement, sure hes 31 but hes not ancient.... yet

yeah he ain't ancient but he's just too sick and slow now. he's better off just retiring and taking an ambassador position in the game.

many wingers switch to playing flank or loosie in their later years. i dont see y lomu cant do that. he's onli 31, he's got a few more yrs so he hsld just try his luck at loose. he has NOTHING to lose really

yeav but not many 31 year olds had that kidney disease he had neither. the guy shud just retire and just have some sort of support role.

he's already gotten over with the kidney disease. now its conditioning himself to pursue his one love

Retirement? Honestly, that's a bit farfetched
[/b]

yeah maybe, i dunno...but look, im only goin by what ive seen of him lately...and lately? hes not the same as he was back in the day or what we expect of him especially with what talent is available to us today, so sure his hunger is still there but hes lost his mojo, so a switch to the loosies wouldnt make any difference, infact it would probably wear him down and out faster and have a higher risk of gettin injured being the most phisical area of the game.
Retirement? ok probably not immediately, so sure one last hurrah with whatever team picks him up, but it wont be becoz of his current form thats for sure, more likely as a marquee player as someone mentioned.

<div class='quotemain'> A switch to the backrow is a bit farfetched, even for him. He simply doesnt have the workrate. I chose retirement. [/b]

agree with everything bar the retirement, sure hes 31 but hes not ancient.... yet
[/b][/quote]

and I also disagree with age being a barrier...just need to look at englands dads army '03, nevertheless i chose retirement coz i reckon he'd have more success in this sport but off the pitch and in another capacity.

as iwth any other sport or sportsman/woman, athletes have their on and off days. lets look at how many times he's played so far after coming back from rehab. he's played onli 5 matches and started in onli 1, that makes his game time add up to less then what? 2 hours? and when he sigbed for the cardiff blues, did he really get much game time? and he's just come back from an ankle fracture recently, and he hasn't been given the chance to impress.

He should come and play in one of the NH leagues, like he did with Cardiff.

I hear Jonah became an missionary. Apparently he thought that was an interesting position.

my two cents (and creative powers) regarding the subject:

oldyellermx4.jpg

if you know the end to this story, you know my thoughts.

as iwth any other sport or sportsman/woman, athletes have their on and off days. lets look at how many times he's played so far after coming back from rehab. he's played onli 5 matches and started in onli 1, that makes his game time add up to less then what? 2 hours? and when he sigbed for the cardiff blues, did he really get much game time? and he's just come back from an ankle fracture recently, and he hasn't been given the chance to impress.
[/b]

Well how many chances do ya need? Knowing jonah he would have taken the first one, yeah sure were always hopeful, but lets be realistic here...time is not on our side so its make or break, or at least it was for jonah and he knew this, slim chances of holdin on to his dream said if hes gonna do anything to impress anyone hes gotta do it now...right now! lol

Latest posts