• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Julius Malema

psychic duck

International
I've heard worrying things that this guy Julius Malema the ANC Youth Leader, has a massive following among the unemployed black people in South Africa, and apparently he is an absolute racist who wants depose white people of their land and has given several hate speeches on white people, and is basically a Robert Mugabe take two, who I've heard he's great friends with as well. Most worrying of all I've heard he has a real chance of getting control in South Africa one day in the future.

Please can the South African members of this forum tell me if this idiot has a chance of getting into power and turning all Nelson Mandela's good work into another Zimbabwe.

I truly hope that he will never get the chance to have anything to do with South Africa. For all those in South Africa, Please do not vote for him.

Well he has a disciplinary hearing going on now, which will continue on Thursday as he is ill at the moment.

His Disciplinary Hearing is about trying to overthrow the Botswana government and for being found guilty of Hate Speech. He was found guilty of Hate Speech for singing the song "Shoot the Boer" in his native language and the courts found it will incite violence...

If all goes well, and the ANC does the right thing (which they hardly do nowadays) he will either be suspended, fired or banned from the ANC or as the president of the Youth league...

It's just a matter of time before this idiot falls... he dug his own grave a long time ago, he just has to slip into something more comfortable like a coma, and fall to his death!

If I had the money and time, I'd make a South African parody of Star Wars.

Darth Sidious- Robert Mugabe
Darth Vader- Julius Malema
Yoda- Nelson Mandela
Chancellor Valorum- Jacob Zuma
Mon Mothma- Helen Zille
Leia- Ficticious Queen of Botswana (whose government Malema wanted/s 'overthrown')
The Jedi- A bunch of powerless U.N. Ambassadors (sp)
The Rebels- COPE/ DA/ IFP
Padme/ Malema's secret wife- Secret because she is white.

As one could guess, I've given this plenty of thought. :p The cast could hardly be more perfect!

But in all serious, Malema is a racist dick. Plain and simple. Its also not as if he just hates white people, he despises Indians and Coloureds too, just doesn't have the same 'material' to work with. Multiple court sessions/ hearings involving him have had to be postponed, moved to another city or placed on indefenite hold because thousands of his supporters turn up and trash the area around the court(s). If it were to come down to a popular vote, I would have my money on Malema coming out on top.

However, there have been massive strides by both the courts and the ANC (more out of fear for their own positions mind) to bring him in line. He has lost a lot of friends in the upper echelons of the ANC, and even some in the Youth League have lost faith in him. Everyone knows that no matter how popular somone is, without a party structure that supports the candidate, he/she could never either come in to power or retain it for a prolonged period of time. So whilst the fear of him coming to power is justified, at the rate he is endearing himself with past political allies, I think his chance of coming to power wanes by the day.

So long as no person cocks up and we don't see a repeat of what happened at Free State University (group of mongrels forcing the black cleaning staff to do demeaning tasks) or any other points Malema has done so well to hitch on to in the past, SA should be safe from the Woodwork Genius.

Yeah it's really worrying to see that he actually is hugely popular among the uneducated masses because these are the guys who vote for the ANC. It's frustrating as well because no matter what you do or say they simply won't listen or be persuaded otherwise. They still believe the ANC is some messiah that will free them from poverty and discrimination, while they remain ignorant to the fact that the ANC is doing nothing to help them, only using them to remain in power. Julius Malema is an idiot, it is mind staggering if you listen to things he says, either is a very very intelligent man (which I fear, I really hope he is the idiot that he seems, otherwise he is really, really dangerous) or the biggest idiot in politics.

Then again if he is a harmless idiot I hope he stays right where he is, we don't want a harmful idiot with his power...

While I appreciate the fact that he got suspended it is very worrying to me that it only got acted upon once he started targeting the ANC top brass. Remember he got found guilty of every charge (insulting top ANC members, unruly behaviour etc) except for 'inciting racial division'. Add to that the ANC wants to oppose the Constitutional court ruling that singing 'kill the farmer, kill the boer' constitutes hate speech and you see what the ANC sees as priority;

Disrupt meetings and tell top members they are replacable = unacceptable

Tell a minorty ethnic group that they are going to be killed, their land taken and raped = get ANC support

Jz is still a tool IMO; the corruption and rape charges are still hanging over him and the fact that he has done everythig in his power to not got to court speaks volumes IMO.

I know this is easier said than done, but surely SA needs a major political party other than the ANC in order to make their democracy work... just to give them some competition, hold them accountable...

Are there any parties that could swing the black vote away from the ANC?

While I appreciate the fact that he got suspended it is very worrying to me that it only got acted upon once he started targeting the ANC top brass. Remember he got found guilty of every charge (insulting top ANC members, unruly behaviour etc) except for 'inciting racial division'. Add to that the ANC wants to oppose the Constitutional court ruling that singing 'kill the farmer, kill the boer' constitutes hate speech and you see what the ANC sees as priority;

Disrupt meetings and tell top members they are replacable = unacceptable

Tell a minorty ethnic group that they are going to be killed, their land taken and raped = get ANC support

Jz is still a tool IMO; the corruption and rape charges are still hanging over him and the fact that he has done everythig in his power to not got to court speaks volumes IMO.

Well at least they took action...

What I think happened was, they saw he's making some trouble and slowly started to build his case, just as the Hawks are building the criminal case against him now. and as soon as they had enough evidence, they launched their attack.

Either way, it finally happened!! that Masipa is out of the picture...

Would some good Samaritan not knock him out of the picture... I recall a certain man in 1930's Germany with a similar attitude.

I know this is easier said than done, but surely SA needs a major political party other than the ANC in order to make their democracy work... just to give them some competition, hold them accountable...

Are there any parties that could swing the black vote away from the ANC?

It was hoped that COPE would, but they didn't and look to be further slipping into obscurity.

The DA runs the Western Cape, and has the majority in a couple of cities. The coloureds there are slowly migrating their way, so unless the ANC ramp up their admittedly small operations of bussing in voters from other areas to shore up their votes, it shouldn't be too far in to the future that we see the DA have the majority in the Cape.

The eastern cape, Limpopo and a few other areas are under no real threat from other parties ATM. Although the ANC have a more than solid footing in KZN, the province doesn't have the highest turn out rates, and many people are very unhappy with the way the esteemed Doctor Sutcliffe and his cohorts have managed Durban and her surrounding municipalities in the last decade, this is every race. However, population wise the Zulus are the largest ethnic group in SA, so if they bucked up on their poor turnouts, and so long as a few of the ANCs elite have Zulu roots, I don't think any other party has a real shot at usurping the ANC in parliament.

is this TOTAL FOOL out of the picture for good?

is South Africa now permanently saved from Mugabe take two?

if so then that is a big relief

is this TOTAL FOOL out of the picture for good?

is South Africa now permanently saved from Mugabe take two?

if so then that is a big relief

Unfortunately not.

He has been handed a five year suspension from all things ANC, however...

He can appeal the decision.
If that doesn't work, then he can appeal the decision within another ANC panel.
Then he can do another appeal to another body.
Then he can appeal through the legal system.
Then he can appeal at the ANCs national conference next year in Manguang.

Then, and only then, can SA breathe a relative sigh of relief. It will take some time, and it has yet to be revealed whether he will be suspended during the appeals process. (He has actually been nailed for three things, however the suspensions run concurrently)

Unfortunately not.

He has been handed a five year suspension from all things ANC, however...

He can appeal the decision.
If that doesn't work, then he can appeal the decision within another ANC panel.
Then he can do another appeal to another body.
Then he can appeal through the legal system.
Then he can appeal at the ANCs national conference next year in Manguang.

Then, and only then, can SA breathe a relative sigh of relief. It will take some time, and it has yet to be revealed whether he will be suspended during the appeals process. (He has actually been nailed for three things, however the suspensions run concurrently)

True

BUT

The ANCYL announced that they are only going to appeal based on mitigating circumstances...

based on that, I assume that they just want the suspension period reduced. A political analyst said this morning on the news that the appeal is highly unlikely to succeed. The ANC system is also of such a standard that if the first appeal is not granted, the chances for the next few becomes less and less as it gets dragged on...

Either way, Juju is going to be out of the picture in some sort of way.

Talking about the big picture, not just his leadership ambitions.
it's not just Malema, it's the whole group that he represents - gormless, corrupt, nouveau riche. yes, he is the clown in the political circus - and he's already done damage but lowering the bar so far and making JZ look good.
there are lots of other wannabes like him with mansions in sandton, with wives who stuff breadrolls into their LV handbags at party conferences.

sorry, I am a pessimist. I just think Malema and his cronies have too much power in their greasy paws and too many important parts of the system are already like putty in said paws

edit: anyone know what juju is driving these days?

Last edited:
Aye, I doubt that any appeal would succeed, but like Zuma's court cases shortly before his election as ANC head, and then the president, all Malema needs to do is delay the process, and that could give him time to make alliances and deals, just as Zuma's did against Mbheki.

Then, the cases/ suspension can be magically dropped upon evidence that evidence previously obtained shouldn't have been obtained because the method of obtaining the obtained evidence was illegal and non- conclusive due to neely obtained evidence of political interference from the current head of state, the previously employed chief of police and the head of the investigation unit involved.

Next step you are elected as the leader of your country. :/

Juju has made it hard for himself, but he is South AfriCAN. :/

Last edited:
Talking about the big picture, not just his leadership ambitions.
it's not just Malema, it's the whole group that he represents - gormless, corrupt, nouveau riche. yes, he is the clown in the political circus - and he's already done damage but lowering the bar so far and making JZ look good.
there are lots of other wannabes like him with mansions in sandton, with wives who stuff breadrolls into their LV handbags at party conferences.

sorry, I am a pessimist. I just think Malema and his cronies have too much power in their greasy paws and too many important parts of the system are already like putty in said paws

edit: anyone know what juju is driving these days?

Hopefully a Ford Pinto ...they had a nasty habit of blowing up randomly they did.

Just thought I'd give you guys some updated news on the Malema debacle!

Yesterday Afternoon, Julius Malema was EXPELLED from the ANC after defence attorneys successfully argued aggravating circumstances regarding the allegations which Malema was previously found guilty on.

Malema's Attorney's couldn't successfully argue mitigating circumstances which led to the Expulsion. According to Radio Reports this morning, Malema and the ANCYL will appeal the expulsion to the National Disciplinary Committee of the ANC where the appeal will be heard at the end of the year when the ANC have their annual Meeting.

This is Malema's last stop before going into the political abyss, but all sources say, he's already hanging on the ledge with 2 fingers slipping...

If I was there close to that ledge, I would personally step on those 2 fingers with which he is hanging on. Malema is a disgrace for humanity and nothing better than Mugabe

Suppose he is better than Mugabe in that he is worse in performing his role. :lol:

What a time to be back in SA, plenty of reading material to gather now.

GIRUY Malema.

Just thought I'd give you guys some updated news on the Malema debacle!

Yesterday Afternoon, Julius Malema was EXPELLED from the ANC after defence attorneys successfully argued aggravating circumstances regarding the allegations which Malema was previously found guilty on.

Malema's Attorney's couldn't successfully argue mitigating circumstances which led to the Expulsion. According to Radio Reports this morning, Malema and the ANCYL will appeal the expulsion to the National Disciplinary Committee of the ANC where the appeal will be heard at the end of the year when the ANC have their annual Meeting.

This is Malema's last stop before going into the political abyss, but all sources say, he's already hanging on the ledge with 2 fingers slipping...

hope so, but unfortunately even if he does not have the ANC he still has his mass of uneducated followers, don' think it will be the end of him sadly

the guy is a dangerous racist, and has already got in far higher positions than he should have been allowed, if he gets in power he would ruin South Africa and turn it into Zimbabwe take two

Latest posts