• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: South Africa vs. Ireland [1st Test] (11/06/2016)

I seem to be the only person out there who thinks this, but I'm okay with that being a red. If you recklessly endanger the head area in just about every other part of the game you get a red, how is a charge down any different?

I just wish I'd known as I'd have gone to the pub with my family instead of staying in to watch this. 60 minutes of rugby with a man advantage usually isn't worth watching.

I agree with this. It's a shame for CJ, and will result in a s***e game of rugby, but at the end of the day it was the right call, whether that impairs our viewing pleasure or not.

I seem to be the only person out there who thinks this, but I'm okay with that being a red. If you recklessly endanger the head area in just about every other part of the game you get a red, how is a charge down any different?

I just wish I'd known as I'd have gone to the pub with my family instead of staying in to watch this. 60 minutes of rugby with a man advantage usually isn't worth watching.

It was reckless, but it was not intentional. In my opinion, a red card should be given when it is intentional

Luke Marshall taken out for the try and it was a good tackle from Henshaw. Ref has lost the plot.

I agree with this. It's a shame for CJ, and will result in a s***e game of rugby, but at the end of the day it was the right call, whether that impairs our viewing pleasure or not.

Just because he is a mod more like. :p

It's like every night out. Think something hot is going to make me jizz before some French **** ruins it all.

We have all been there.

Henshaw off for 10 mins now for a high tackle.

Best pleading with ref to look at blocking that caused the gap for the try, but the ref has ignored him.

Card happy and not listening to Captains.

What's worse is by the way the SA's are playing we probably would have won this game, now they will be completely exhausted for the next two tests at ****ing ALTITUDE.

Bull**** Peat, frankly.

You can classify just about any action as reckless if you look at the examples of when it ocassionally (very, very rarely) results in a bad outcome.

If people were getting routinely knocked out by chargedown attempts then I'd be inclined to agree, but they aren't....

People don't routinely get their neck broken from spear tackles, but its a red card.

People don't routinely get bad injuries from a shoulder charge hitting the head in the ruck, but its a red card. Well, sometimes. Haven't made their mind up on that one.

Ditto a clash in the air leading to a guy falling on their head...

The rules of rugby are changing and one of them is that if you smack someone's head, the red card is a possible outcome. They don't follow the policy religiously, true, but you can definitely see the policy there.

edit:

It was reckless, but it was not intentional. In my opinion, a red card should be given when it is intentional

That is very clearly not how they're officiating rugby. Obviously you're allowed to disagree with that but don't be surprised when they red card reckless play.

Last edited:
Despite all poor luck we've had Schmidt has certainly found a few silver linings. Payne at 15, PJ going well, Pack showing great heart and Stander coming on scene has been best thing to happen Heaslip as he's really upped it the last year

4-5 SA players against 2 Irish defenders and Mvovo goes for own succes :huh:

Ireland go into the second half level

faints.gif~c200

People don't routinely get their neck broken from spear tackles, but its a red card.

No they don't, but how often do spear tackles occur?

There are probably at least 5 chargedown attempts per game, how often to they result in injury?

You are advocating judging events entirely based on outcome, which is an awful, awful way to consider anything IMO.

Latest posts