• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

jus got rugby 2005 on ps2

D

david

jus got the rugby 2005 on ps2...jus played 2 games with friend...mus say its pretty gud...flow of game is sweet and fun to play
<

wut wuld u like to knw...im from australia...
playing it on ps2 is much beta than PC.. esp multiplayer

got mine yesterday. I'm in the states. The one thing I hate is using the analog stick. I use the d-pad for every other game. As far as the game goes I think it's actually very good, but I'm not the biggest gamer aroung. I only have the 2004 version to compare it to, and I think it's much much better. I've had to use the side camera angle which has taken some getting used to. I would like to use the classic version but I kept losing the balls in the rucks for some reason. I think one of the best parts of the game is the tackling, it seems very realistic. If a guy is buy you and you grab him he will drag you a little before going down, also if you heal tap someone they will get up and run if noone else is there to wrap them up. I've only had if for a day so I don't have any other problems than the analog stick. That just might be because I'm not that good with it yet, or I have no thumb dexterity. Either way I think everyone will like the game.

Originally posted by david@Mar 11 2005, 02:22 AM
Whereabouts in Oz? Thoguht game was 17th!!??

Help!!

<<PS2 heaps better than PC>> Of course!
<

There are three types of people who play it no their PC as far as I can tell:

- People who are essentially in love with their computer and have added 10,000 accesssories to it...like it's their ***** and they need to wine and dine it!

- People with no mates ("I'll let my friend use the keyboard while I use the gamepad!!"....NOTE: Gamepad not reprogrammable for configuration and keyboard also limited).....how about 4 players guys?

- People who don't own a decent size TV....Why do U think people go to the movies? It's not 4 privacy....but 4 S-I-Z-E....

Come on peoples!!
<

I don't care if you think I'm being rude like that selfish prick Jimmy44 b/c no one should have to put with misleading information.

EG - In another post I just read......One PC lover swore that offloads were in the game, saying, "maybe they fixed it for PC?"

WTF!!

Yeah, that's the one, they released the PC before PS2....AND they just decided to improve it on ONE format cos they REALLY, REALLY wanted just U...just U to have the ultimate gaming experience at everyone else's expense.....

Really.

Glad you're enjoying the game tho...
<
...awesome!!

let's just keep your feet on the ground eh PC guys!

PS2 isn't the number one console for nothing.....Big TV, lots of players if you choose, awesome sound through TV's surround sound and accompanying surround sound system.....On the couch chilling...not in some f***ing chair.....Burning eyes from that screen..................The list goes on...........

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 11 2005, 01:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 11 2005, 01:38 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-david
@Mar 11 2005, 02:22 AM

Help!!

<

- People who are essentially in love with their computer and have added 10,000 accesssories to it...like it's their ***** and they need to wine and dine it!

- People with no mates ("I'll let my friend use the keyboard while I use the gamepad!!"....NOTE: Gamepad not reprogrammable for configuration and keyboard also limited).....how about 4 players guys?

- People who don't own a decent size TV....Why do U think people go to the movies? It's not 4 privacy....but 4 S-I-Z-E....

Come on peoples!!
<

I don't care if you think I'm being rude like that selfish prick Jimmy44 b/c no one should have to put with misleading information.

EG - In another post I just read......One PC lover swore that offloads were in the game, saying, "maybe they fixed it for PC?"

WTF!!

Yeah, that's the one, they released the PC before PS2....AND they just decided to improve it on ONE format cos they REALLY, REALLY wanted just U...just U to have the ultimate gaming experience at everyone else's expense.....

Really.

<
...awesome!!

PS2 isn't the number one console for nothing.....Big TV, lots of players if you choose, awesome sound through TV's surround sound and accompanying surround sound system.....On the couch chilling...not in some f***ing chair.....Burning eyes from that screen..................The list goes on........... [/b]
U ever heard off a TV out from your PC?
<

No seriously dudes - dont bash a gaming platform, Im sure its brilliant on all of them, PC included (well, I know its brilliant on the PC) :)

I've got mine set up to output the video to my TV and I sit on me couch with my game controller and it works like a dream - there are always ways to get around a limitiation! :)

Cheers
BlouBulle

Originally posted by BlueBulls+Mar 11 2005, 02:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlueBulls @ Mar 11 2005, 02:45 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 11 2005, 01:38 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-david
@Mar 11 2005, 02:22 AM

Help!!

<

Come on peoples!!
<

WTF!!

Really.

<
...awesome!!

PS2 isn't the number one console for nothing.....Big TV, lots of players if you choose, awesome sound through TV's surround sound and accompanying surround sound system.....On the couch chilling...not in some f***ing chair.....Burning eyes from that screen..................The list goes on...........
U ever heard off a TV out from your PC?
<
[/b]
No...but if that's the case - wicked for the PC boys!! How many of them are ACTUALLY using this option though?...and if used does the resolution of the tv mean all that "superior" picture is lost?

Remember the 4 players and a few other things....

personally I like to keep my games and my PC separate.

Yea, know what you mean - but as far as I can see the TV res doesnt make much of a difference, I run it at 1024x768 and its as smooth as Etienne Botha thru a gap
<

Dont think alot of people use it though, but its really easy to set up - you already need a decent graphics card to run the game, so you'll have a TV out on the card, plug the RC cable into your TV out and into your TV's video in and you're set.

And I agree, playing games infront of the PC isnt as good as sitting on your coach with some buddies.........

PC's are really powerful and have awesome graphics and be upgraded to the nth degree. But once I have my PS2 I don't need to upgrade my ram every so often or my video card or my hard drive or ...... and I can pack up my PS2 on go anywhere and just plug it in and hey, we can all play.

Originally posted by BlueBulls@Mar 11 2005, 02:56 AM
Yea, know what you mean - but as far as I can see the TV res doesnt make much of a difference, I run it at 1024x768 and its as smooth as Etienne Botha thru a gap
<

Dont think alot of people use it though, but its really easy to set up - you already need a decent graphics card to run the game, so you'll have a TV out on the card, plug the RC cable into your TV out and into your TV's video in and you're set.

And I agree, playing games infront of the PC isnt as good as sitting on your coach with some buddies.........
Well I'll be shitted!!

<

Guess you got it going on there then..!

I'll call it even then!

<

Enjoy the game!

(I have till the 17th.....the agony).
<

Thanks dude

The 17th - shame man - but it will be so worth the wait I can promise you!

Hey Los Lover ha ha you make me laugh you have one hell of a PS 2 fetish. Does the memory card fit your little soldier and after a few beers you get frisky with it!!
<

Yeah, PC would be my preffered platform to get it on, especially with the inevitable mods, and patches that will come out.

But I have decided to go for the Xbox as I won't have time on the PC to play the game.

Might get the PC version at a later date if it's good enough.

Latest posts