• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just Got A Text From "jamie Lyon"

L

locksley

...He's been playing RC2006 at swordfish for a while.

He thinks it's EXCELLENT!!!!
<
<
<

I really hope that there is going to be no let down on this one as I have official just creamed my load after what Locks has just stated!!!!!
<

Originally posted by nik@Nov 12 2005, 01:07 AM
hey locks i thought you were goin with "jamie lyon" to swordfish studios
No, Boy has gone with him.

Just got a text from Boy, says it's really good, still arcadey. He also sent me a photo of a career mode team line up that has me at No. 8. Apparently, I look like "a lumbering tool, with a scrum cap and beard" so the likenesses are obviously spot on.

I'll post the photo (if this isn't ok, Trev, pm me and I'll remove it)

rc2006rh8.jpg

Originally posted by nik@Nov 12 2005, 01:07 AM
hey locks i thought you were goin with "jamie lyon" to swordfish studios
I didn't think it was fair for me to go again, so I stepped down and asked Dan to take a union fan. That way, you'll have a better view of things rather than us league boys hogging the action.

Also, latest text from Dan (word for word):

"It's Brilliant mate. Always feel in full control of defence, especially on the tryline. Very impressive!"

See, told you it was pretty good!
<

Originally posted by cavan@Nov 12 2005, 05:04 AM
I'm not having anyone with a name like john smedley in my team!
<

Hey ... Smeds is one of our programmers - be nice.
<
<

Just got back from Birmingham now, I am going to write a full review over the weekend, but I just want to let you know, this game is the business.

I hate union, and this game is better than Rugby League, the gauntlet has been thrown down to RL2.

It's just so much FUN. You're really, really not going to be disappointed.

PS - I'm in the starting 15 on career mode too - at Loosehead Prop.

Excellent, this game sounds like a huge improvement from the last one. Can't wait to read the review, nice one guys.
<

WCR did the groundwork, RC06 builds on it, expands on it, and just blows everything out of the water. As I said, full review to come, but for now:

RC06 > Any rugby game ever made.

Originally posted by Jamie Lyon@Nov 12 2005, 07:14 AM
WCR did the groundwork, RC06 builds on it, expands on it, and just blows everything out of the water. As I said, full review to come, but for now:

Which is why its annoying when it gets poxy review scores of 7/10. What does a rugby game have to do ???

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Nov 12 2005, 09:43 AM
ive gotta text from mate..we going drinking tonite!!!
Me too!

RC2006 sounds awesome, can't wait to play this baby!

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Nov 12 2005, 08:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Nov 12 2005, 08:25 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jamie Lyon
@Nov 12 2005, 07:14 AM

Which is why its annoying when it gets poxy review scores of 7/10. What does a rugby game have to do ??? [/b]
Probably for small cosmetic things like lack of stadia and licensing... as the UK mags seem to look for any excuse to bag rugby games.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Nov 12 2005, 10:13 AM
Jamie, what people from here are actually included? Did I make it?

Everyone who posted their details are in the game - we locked the thread when it was too late.

Actually we took Los Lover out as per his request.
<

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Nov 12 2005, 10:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Nov 12 2005, 10:14 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-saintsfan24_7
@Nov 12 2005, 10:13 AM
Jamie, what people from here are actually included? Did I make it?

Everyone who posted their details are in the game - we locked the thread when it was too late.

Actually we took Los Lover out as per his request.
<
[/b]
Could you replace him with my brothers girlfriends, fathers uncle who's name is John?
<

I signed up for it, but surely you cannot add that many names? unless you start a career off and chosse 22 players is it? To play for your team?

Latest posts